• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Superbowl XLVII

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Superbowl XLVII

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Nope. Back in the UK. Did have a good chat about it on Friday to some US colleagues to whit I had to point out that really American Football is the equivalent of Rugby but for nancy boys. Went down well.
    With added brain damage if the medical reports over the past few years are true.

And no one has yet mentioned that the game is designed around TV adverts.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I'm going to try and stay up. I have tea, crackers and stilton.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Not my cup of tea.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Used to be a big fan and actually played a couple of seasons with one of the UK amateur league teams (Plymouth Admirals). Super Bowl night used to be a regular fixture for a bunch of us at University but I just lost interest in the end.

If you sit down to watch it as you would with Rugby you'll be disappointed. It's a far more strategic game based on move and counter move. Half the interest is on trying to second guess the plays that will be made and how the other team will react.

Thats why it works much better as a video game or table top card game like Statis Pro Football than Rugby does.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I quite like it but I don't want to sacrifice a good night's sleep for it.

I've stayed up to watch about three superbowls in the distant past but can't remember any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              I'm going to try and stay up. I have tea, crackers and stilton.
              You really are a party animal!

Can someone throw me a few choice phrases so I can sound as if I know what I am talking about to real fans?
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Did have a good chat about it on Friday to some US colleagues to whit I had to point out that really American Football is the equivalent of Rugby but for nancy boys. Went down well.
                Show them this:

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  It's not really that similar to rugby. It's actually more like a turn-based game.
                  More like Rugby League than Rugby Union.

It is a game of strategy and tactics and really is a team v team game, not relying solely on the flair of one or two individuals. The clock management that is essential later in the game if the scores are close adds an extra dimension that you don't get in other sports.

I will be watching. They just take the CBS coverage here with no added local flavour. I am almost tempted to watch the BBC coverage but the satellite channel will be in HD which settles things for me.

It is lunchtime on Monday in my time zone so I have taken the day off. The first England T20 warm up match is due to start straight afterwards too but I don't think that the weather is going to co-operate.
                  Last edited by Gonzo; 3 February 2013, 23:16. Reason: Added more

Comment

Now it makes perfect sense!

Comment

Yes I do love how they are not taking a feed, but basically ripping the US coverage, complete with the odd advert when they get the timing wrong. There's something nicely amateur about it that you don't see much in sports coverage on the BBC these days.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X