• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shortage of social housing???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Note to self: Must get some friends so at least somebody will find my body.

Though I think my landlords would notice if I didn't pay the rent for 2 years.
    If you had lots of dosh in the bank, and paid rent, gas, electric, council tax, TV licence on standing order, there's no reason why anyone should ever trouble you.

One would hope the postie would notice piled up mail.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      If you had lots of dosh in the bank, and paid rent, gas, electric, council tax, TV licence on standing order, there's no reason why anyone should ever trouble you.

One would hope the postie would notice piled up mail.
      Nope the postie wouldn't going by the empty places I see with mail piling up.

The best thing to do is get on with your neighbours and tell them when you aren't around.

I did read a story of a young bloke who use to do that but was ill for a week then went to stay with his dad and so when his neighbours didn't see him for 8 days they got the police to break in.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        Poor cleaners. That must have reeked.
        I know a chap who works for the council and he has the unenviable job sometimes of cleaning up such places.

There's apparently something about the smell. Even after years of doing it he invariably has to dash outside and puke.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
          I know a chap who works for the council and he has the unenviable job sometimes of cleaning up such places.

There's apparently something about the smell. Even after years of doing it he invariably has to dash outside and puke.
          The stench from my brother's building was unbearable, I was a butcher and had to do the bone bin job once a week, but the dead body smell was off the chart.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Nope the postie wouldn't going by the empty places I see with mail piling up.

The best thing to do is get on with your neighbours and tell them when you aren't around.

I did read a story of a young bloke who use to do that but was ill for a week then went to stay with his dad and so when his neighbours didn't see him for 8 days they got the police to break in.
            I can't think I'd care, since I'd be dead, if I didn't have family/friends who would wonder where Id got to.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by wikramasingha View Post
              I wad told the following by a work colleague but I do not know if it is accurate. Perhaps somebody could cooperate this.

Any new housing development must have a certain percentage given over to social housing. This may be as high as 20%.

What this means is that any new housing development will have undesirables among its populace and so you wouldn't want to live in a new development.
              In my home town (Andover, Hampshire) the last few large estates have had 40% social housing. Then apparently the Army bought 10% of the housing, so assuming they fill them with squaddies rather than officers we have 50% undesirables.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                I can't think I'd care, since I'd be dead, and I don't have family/friends who would wonder where Id got to.
                ftfy

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

At the moment I'm married so it's not an issue. I hope.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                  X