• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LHR

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is he still on the plane?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Is he still on the plane?
      Grrrrrrr.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Grrrrrrr.
        Note the lack of denial. However the usual approach is to wait for the last train to depart and then allow them off the plane.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
          The Gatwick express can get you in quick enough.
          Can it frig! Each time I've used it the journey has taken over the 30 mins they quote and today, because there was a little bit of snow kicking about, every train through Gatwick was very delayed. They put on an extra train (that nobody other than a handful of passengers used) that took over an hour to get from Gatwick, stopping twice on the way. The gatwick express should be done under some kind of advertising breach as its the least express type train I have ever used.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
            Can it frig! Each time I've used it the journey has taken over the 30 mins they quote and today, because there was a little bit of snow kicking about, every train through Gatwick was very delayed. They put on an extra train (that nobody other than a handful of passengers used) that took over an hour to get from Gatwick, stopping twice on the way. The gatwick express should be done under some kind of advertising breach as its the least express type train I have ever used.
            I get it every day and it's usually ok.

Point is the Heathrow Express takes 20? anyway so it's not much difference really, and Victoria is a better station than Paddington.

Also you can get the Thameslink for the City, takes about an hour, but right into the City.

Comment

Working...
            X