• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LHR

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Not a bad thing so long as BAA pays all UK taxes without outrageous dodges that some big companies use.
    When the news about majestic being based in the virgin islands comes out you are going to be a bit

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      What about SS Richard Montgomery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ?

And to all those with cancelled flights - good. Thats alot less global warming.
      The Richard Montgomery could be used to save money on New Year's fireworks? (c:

Comment

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
        It won't happen, I agree, but I don't think that there is a realistic economic argument when you look at the land value of Heathrow, the real economic argument is that BAA are sitting on a fat cash cow, and for the minimal cost of an extra runway they can make it even fatter, and still own the land; bugger the human cost and the potential for a tragedy on an unprecedented scale

The other argument that Heathrow brings business to London is also completely false, as the majority of the traffic is hub traffic and serves only to fill the BAA coffers
        No it isn't, the majority is O&D, and very high yielding traffic too.

Even if the majority was hub traffic, that wouldn't matter as people transferring in London allow greater options for Londoners, destinations that couldn't be justified on O&D alone or greater frequencies.

And what on earth is this tragedy on an unprecedented scale you talk about?

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
          No it isn't, the majority is O&D, and very high yielding traffic too.

Even if the majority was hub traffic, that wouldn't matter as people transferring in London allow greater options for Londoners, destinations that couldn't be justified on O&D alone or greater frequencies.

And what on earth is this tragedy on an unprecedented scale you talk about?
          I'm sorry, my Swahili is not what it used to be.

Can someone translate that for me?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            I'm sorry, my Swahili is not what it used to be.

Can someone translate that for me?
            O&D = Origin and destination

Basically people beginning or ending their (flying) journey at Heathrow.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              When the news about majestic being based in the virgin islands comes out you are going to be a bit
              I've come to conclusion that it's safer to earn twice as much to offset tax rather than engage into risky schemes

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Too expensive, plus airlines are unlikely to move.
                It's easier and cheaper to use Brussels via Eurostar. Air Taxes are cheaper too
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Build Boris Island!

One day a 747 or similar will flop down on Hounslow, and the death toll will be a lot higher than 2!
                  I've only been to Hounslow once, but ...

Come friendly planes fall on Hounslow!
                  It isn't fit for humans now,
                  There isn't grass to graze a cow.
                  Swarm over, Death!

Come, 747 and blow to smithereens
                  Those air -conditioned, bright canteens,
                  Tinned fruit, tinned meat, tinned milk, tinned beans,
                  Tinned minds, tinned breath.

etc. & apologies to JB
                  England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Build Boris Island!

Hopefully last week's tragic helicopter crash will help people to wake up to the folly of having such a busy airport so close to as dense a population as London. One day a 747 or similar will flop down on Hounslow, and the death toll will be a lot higher than 2!

whilst I'm sorry for everyone caught up in the Heathrow farce, it has been nice and quiet for anyone living within 20 miles of the place (c:
                    Ahh, bliss! Long may it snow.
                    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Build Boris Island!

Hopefully last week's tragic helicopter crash will help people to wake up to the folly of having such a busy airport so close to as dense a population as London. One day a 747 or similar will flop down on Hounslow, and the death toll will be a lot higher than 2!

whilst I'm sorry for everyone caught up in the Heathrow farce, it has been nice and quiet for anyone living within 20 miles of the place (c:
                      This is not based on statistical probability unfortunately.

Basically you talk a lot of tulip on the issue.

Comment

Working...
                      X