• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LHR

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    My flight is cancelled. FFS.
    To or From?

Feckers at Heathrow did not learn lessons from 2 years ago, ****s - at the very least they should have enough passport control people, just how fecking hard is it to avoid queues when people already late?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      My flight is cancelled. FFS.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        It's very nice inside.

FFS, build the ****ing 3rd runway already
        Build Boris Island!

Hopefully last week's tragic helicopter crash will help people to wake up to the folly of having such a busy airport so close to as dense a population as London. One day a 747 or similar will flop down on Hounslow, and the death toll will be a lot higher than 2!

whilst I'm sorry for everyone caught up in the Heathrow farce, it has been nice and quiet for anyone living within 20 miles of the place (c:

Comment

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
          Build Boris Island!
          Too expensive, plus airlines are unlikely to move.

Comment

Get a chopper next time. Share with MF
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Too expensive.
              Nah. Sell the land that Heathrow is built on for housing, it would be worth gazillions. A new town for two hundred thousand people with good transport links already there!

And the island would be a cracking engineering project. We should have been investing in infrastructure such as this for the last fifteen years instead of artificially inflating public sector wages and pensions to create the illusion of a boom

Comment

Nah.
                Airline cost blow for 'Boris island' - Telegraph

It won't happen.

Comment

Build Boris Island!
                  What about SS Richard Montgomery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ?

And to all those with cancelled flights - good. Thats alot less global warming.

Comment

It won't happen, I agree, but I don't think that there is a realistic economic argument when you look at the land value of Heathrow, the real economic argument is that BAA are sitting on a fat cash cow, and for the minimal cost of an extra runway they can make it even fatter, and still own the land; bugger the human cost and the potential for a tragedy on an unprecedented scale

The other argument that Heathrow brings business to London is also completely false, as the majority of the traffic is hub traffic and serves only to fill the BAA coffers

Comment

The other argument that Heathrow brings business to London is also completely false, as the majority of the traffic is hub traffic and serves only to fill the BAA coffers
                      Not a bad thing so long as BAA pays all UK taxes without outrageous dodges that some big companies use.

Comment

Working...
                      X