• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

8 year old girl killed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you even read the article you've linked to

Head teacher Anne Wilson said: ...

"She had been given special permission to travel to Jamaica so that she could benefit from the warmer climate and we had been in contact with the local primary school she was attending."

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Probably not. As it is a weekend there was nobody about to pronounce the big words for him so he just glossed through it looking for buzzwords.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

Head teacher Anne Wilson said: ...

"She had been given special permission to travel to Jamaica so that she could benefit from the warmer climate and we had been in contact with the local primary school she was attending."

There you go .. a perfectly straightforward answer.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          There you go .. a perfectly straightforward answer.
          As ever - getting someone else to do your work for you.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            As ever - getting someone else to do your work for you.....
            I am not up to this internet thing.

Going back to my point why does it matter that the girl is British? Clearly to the reporters of the story it does matter and I am afraid that it also matters to the rest of us. It is therefore not unreasonable to ask that if she is British then why is she not like every other British 8 year old and busy attending school in Britain?
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              Probably not. As it is a weekend there was nobody about to pronounce the big words for him so he just glossed through it looking for buzzwords.

Can we please have an "up your ar**" emoticon?

Comment

I am not up to this internet thing.

Going back to my point why does it matter that the girl is British? Clearly to the reporters of the story it does matter and I am afraid that it also matters to the rest of us. It is therefore not unreasonable to ask that if she is British then why is she not like every other British 8 year old and busy attending school in Britain?
                The article did explain it though. You could have read it.

I find it harder when the UK media say something like "Earthquake. Major tragedy as 3000 locals killed. But worse a UK resident gets chipped nail".

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                  Faux horror, sympathy and moral superiority all in one post. If the death of someone you didnt know, who was 4500 miles away at the time, really bothers you in anyway then I would seek urgent psychiatric help.
                  Does it bother you whether she is British or not? Clearly the reporters deem it important because they all understand that people like you will only stand up and pay attention if a killing of an 8 year old happens on your doorstep. If the story had been reported as a killing of an 8 year old no one would have cared. Because she is British people like you feel sympathy and horror - what hypocrites you are.

Comment

Can we please have an "up your ar**" emoticon?
                    No. Because it would make it too easy to summarize your sex life.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      The article did explain it though. You could have read it.

I find it harder when the UK media say something like "Earthquake. Major tragedy as 3000 locals killed. But worse a UK resident gets chipped nail".
                      To be fair to the reporter people only take any notice of something like this if it happens on their doorstep. Their concern is not for the victims but more because it makes them feel threatened and exposed.

Comment

Working...
                      X