• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What to charge for IT contracting with Security Clearance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
    He's feckin Torchwood! Are you Captain Jack or the guy who makes the coffee?
    I know isn't he just admirable, I've served my time as Captain Jack and also the guy who makes the coffee, I can also do tea now that was a hard learning curve, we all get there in the end though hey!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      I am happy to pm the op (newbie) with my pricing points and strategy, if she wishes
      Please do

Comment

Where are you looking? What size client, medium to large I would guess needing SC.

Start high, watch them wince and then negotiate downwards slowly.

Check out itjobswatch.co.uk for some indicators on rates for your skills in your location.

Piece of advice, if you want sensible non-abusive answers, post in Business/Contracts or Accounting/Legal.

My opinion £100pd is VERY low, mid 20k per annum. Skills look marketable

Rates depends on client, locations, skills, supply and demand.

Do you like Gladiators? Can you bleed a radiator and have you been taken up the OXO tower.

Good luck.
        Last edited by Scrag Meister; 12 January 2013, 11:57.
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
          Beyond DV. Suck it and weep.
          Are you allowed to tell people that?

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          In fact, the newbie is right.

I've been doing this lark since Noah got his armbands, and I'm STILL not sure what rate I should be charging

Me either. But it isn't enough. Managed around £6K* last week, but I'm knackered now.

*It might have been 60p - I'm not sure I calculated the exchange rate the right way.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Are you allowed to tell people that?
            He can make up whatever fantasy stories he likes, and usually does.

Comment

If you don't know what rate to charge, then surely you're just here winding us up; a quick glance at the job boards will tell you how much you're worth, and the ponces will only really have an idea of what is on offer.

I call sockie.

Comment

The correct day rate is around £5 less than no.
                Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  He can make up whatever fantasy stories he likes, and usually does.
                  Which would those be then?
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                  X