• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What to charge for IT contracting with Security Clearance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vdubster187 View Post
    I'm getting the impression you are not SC cleared?
    Been SC cleared at the highest level since the 70's.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      The rule of thumb is hourly rate = permie annual salary / 1000 - so 28K a year would give you £28 an hour or £200-250 a day.
      Thanks that makes sense, at least now I have an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        Been SC cleared at the highest level since the 70's.
        Highest level being DV, you've been lucky to keep that for so long considering it expires after 3 years without renewal. So you have been in a SC requirement role for 40 plus years? that's impressive.

Comment

Highest level being DV, you've been lucky to keep that for so long considering it expires after 3 years without renewal. So you have been in a SC requirement role for 40 plus years? that's impressive.
          Beyond DV. Suck it and weep.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

"SC" is a clearance level, not sure what "SC at the highest level" is ?

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
              Beyond DV. Suck it and weep.
              zzzzzzz I'll give you a shout next time I cant sleep. Maybe you can tell me more about this.

Comment

<cough> watch it newbie - theres some seriously impressive dudes on here.

I have done half my contracts on sc. it never gets me a better rate, it just causes ag and is a pia

the only benefit is that you might get a job because the opposition is not sc.

Anyone who uses it as a selling point, ot banks on it is a bonehead imo

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  <cough> watch it newbie - theres some seriously impressive dudes on here.

I have done half my contracts on sc. it never gets me a better rate, it just causes ag and is a pia

the only benefit is that you might get a job because the opposition is not sc.

Anyone who uses it as a selling point, ot banks on it is a

bonehead imo

I don't doubt that one bit, however, I feel someone asking a general question due to the fact they are unsure of how rates etc work, should not be belittled by one who has a wealth of experience.

I believe my title asked the question of how much to charge? not (please give me some abuse as you are so much greater than me and more experienced) True?

I simply asked for advice nor to receive smart ar3e comments and to be under minded.

Thank you again for your advice its very helpful.

Comment

zzzzzzz I'll give you a shout next time I cant sleep. Maybe you can tell me more about this.
                    Getting a bit intimidated are we

You know nothing.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by adubya View Post
                      "SC" is a clearance level, not sure what "SC at the highest level" is ?
                      No such thing that's why, SC stands for Security Checks. A basic level of clearance nothing more to it.

Comment

Working...
                      X