• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What to charge for IT contracting with Security Clearance"

Collapse

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    He can make up whatever fantasy stories he likes, and usually does.
    Which would those be then?

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    The correct day rate is around £5 less than no.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    If you don't know what rate to charge, then surely you're just here winding us up; a quick glance at the job boards will tell you how much you're worth, and the ponces will only really have an idea of what is on offer.

I call sockie.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Are you allowed to tell people that?
    He can make up whatever fantasy stories he likes, and usually does.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Beyond DV. Suck it and weep.
    Are you allowed to tell people that?

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    In fact, the newbie is right.

I've been doing this lark since Noah got his armbands, and I'm STILL not sure what rate I should be charging

Me either. But it isn't enough. Managed around £6K* last week, but I'm knackered now.

*It might have been 60p - I'm not sure I calculated the exchange rate the right way.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Where are you looking? What size client, medium to large I would guess needing SC.

Start high, watch them wince and then negotiate downwards slowly.

Check out itjobswatch.co.uk for some indicators on rates for your skills in your location.

Piece of advice, if you want sensible non-abusive answers, post in Business/Contracts or Accounting/Legal.

My opinion £100pd is VERY low, mid 20k per annum. Skills look marketable

Rates depends on client, locations, skills, supply and demand.

Do you like Gladiators? Can you bleed a radiator and have you been taken up the OXO tower.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Scrag Meister; 12 January 2013, 11:57.

Leave a comment:

• Vdubster187
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I am happy to pm the op (newbie) with my pricing points and strategy, if she wishes
    Please do

Leave a comment:

• Vdubster187
    replied
    Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
    He's feckin Torchwood! Are you Captain Jack or the guy who makes the coffee?
    I know isn't he just admirable, I've served my time as Captain Jack and also the guy who makes the coffee, I can also do tea now that was a hard learning curve, we all get there in the end though hey!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I am happy to pm the op (newbie) with my pricing points and strategy, if she wishes

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Beyond DV. Suck it and weep.
    He's feckin Torchwood! Are you Captain Jack or the guy who makes the coffee?

Leave a comment:

• Vdubster187
    replied
    Originally posted by adubya View Post
    SC is a higher level of clearance than the basic level BTW
    Fair enough, you know what I was getting at though.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I like SC. He's one of my favourite posters (in a non-creepy way)

Leave a comment:

• adubya
    replied
    Originally posted by Vdubster187 View Post
    No such thing that's why, SC stands for Security Checks. A basic level of clearance nothing more to it.
    SC is a higher level of clearance than the basic level BTW

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    In fact, the newbie is right.

I've been doing this lark since Noah got his armbands, and I'm STILL not sure what rate I should be charging

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Vdubster187 View Post
    I envy your lifestyle, sitting on forums picking arguments with your imaginary clearance levels, cool guy. We will have to go for a few beers sometime.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X