• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying a place

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    2/3 bed houses in Stoke, repos, are ridiculously cheap. I mean, genuinely cheap. He's from Rochdale and there are some places up further, like St Helens, etc, which are as cheap. However, Stoke, for me, thus far, seems the cheapest place in the UK to buy houses.
    I know that there are plenty of cheap places where I live, the point is I want a place where I work. I have to work in London as that is where the money is. I don't want to rent because it means waving goodbye to £15,000 a year. I would rather put the £15,000 into a flat and pay off a mortgage. When i no longer need it, then I'd rent it out. The 1 bed flats around there go very quickly. The one I was renting had 1 viewing and it went.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by formant View Post
      FWIW, I think it's possible. I also think the way you go on and on about it and bring it up at seemingly every opportunity on here seriously undermines your credibility.
      Not really, in context, I will.

I tell you what MF, how about we put a large some of money in escrow and allow someone like BP to see who is bulltulipting; I'm very happy to do that mate.

How about you put some money where that fat mouth is.

Come on, with that 6 digit income and share options, surely you can loosen a 5 figure sum to call my bluff? BP, would you do this for us?

Comment

Not really, in context, I will.

I tell you what MF, how about we put a large some of money in escrow and allow someone like BP to see who is bulltulipting; I'm very happy to do that mate.

How about you put some money where that fat mouth is.

Come on, with that 6 digit income and share options, surely you can loosen a 5 figure sum to call my bluff? BP, would you do this for us?
        I would do it - but surely you would both prefer someone more reliable like admin?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I would do it - but surely you would both prefer someone more reliable like admin?
          I am not sure admin would want to get involved, but if they did, then yes.

Come on MF, 10k, into Escrow, you call my bluff and I'll prove my part to BP or admin with mortgage statements, the deeds to the house in france (held in a company trust which can verify is mine) and the motorhome (2011 Hymer Carado A366).

Comment

I am not sure admin would want to get involved, but if they did, then yes.

Come on MF, 10k, into Escrow, you call my bluff and I'll prove my part to BP or admin with mortgage statements, the deeds to the house in france (held in a company trust which can verify is mine) and the motorhome (2011 Hymer Carado A366).
            10k for you to prove you own a gypsy caravan and a bedsit in the France. You could buy both for <10k you chippy loon.

How about 10k for me to pop outside, write Old Hack is a Chippy Loon and place it in front of a San Diego roadsign. :Rollin:
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              10k for you to prove you own a gypsy caravan and a bedsit in the France. You could buy both for <10k you chippy loon.

How about 10k for me to pop outside, write Old Hack is a Chippy Loon and place it in front of a San Diego roadsign. :Rollin:
              Come on, money where your mouth is. Proper deeds, proper documents

Come on, money where that fat ******* mouth is.

Comment

Come on, money where your mouth is. Proper deeds, proper documents

Come on, money where that fat ******* mouth is.
                It's enough that you know, we all know, that you're full of tulip.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  It's enough that you know, we all know, that you're full of tulip.
                  Come on, money where the fat mouth is. The Carado is worth £32k I'd say. How about £10k in escrow from you and I'll sign over the docs to you.

Come on now, show you're the man you keep telling us you are.

That's 3/1 for you. That's cracking odds MF. Come on.

Comment

Buying a place

Got this song in my head..

Inspiral Carpets...

'What have I done with my life, is this the end when two Sockies collide..'

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                      Got this song in my head..

Inspiral Carpets...

'What have I done with my life, is this the end when two Sockies collide..'
                      You'd be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X