• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying a place

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    £30k you are talking a dump in a tulip area -> potentially lots of hastle and not much capital gain to be made, but as you say a decent return if you can get the right long term DHSS people in there and the property doesn't need any serious maintenance.
    I don't think you'd ever make too much money on the properties, but looking through rightmove, rentals look to be 400-450, on an investment of maybe 40-45k per property.

It'#s got to be thought about.

Comment

Just phoned about a flat near me (Hampshire). It appeared on rightmove yesterday. Agent said they've already had two offers for full asking price, so unless I wanted to go higher there was no point in even viewing. Guess it depends whether it's overpriced to start with.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
        Look at me
        Keep saying it enough, you'll believe it.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Keep saying it enough, you'll believe it.
          Fook me, you're hilarious son. All that importance being in San Diego heading up that companies project, yet all this posting.

Must be tricky being that important AND finding the time to post

What doesn't surprise me is you don't think any of that possible.

Keep on keeping on MF, for it's deliriously funny

Comment

Fook me, you're hilarious son.
            Uh oh. Careful MF.....you have elicited a "son" from OH. It is now only a short hop to a full scale collection of his scattered cot toys.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Fook me, you're hilarious son. All that importance being in San Diego heading up that companies project, yet all this posting.

Must be tricky being that important AND finding the time to post

Keep on keeping on MF, for it's deliriously funny

I'm enjoying my breakfast and a bulltulipter.

Comment

FWIW, I think it's possible. I also think the way you go on and on about it and bring it up at seemingly every opportunity on here seriously undermines your credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  Uh oh. Careful MF.....you have elicited a "son" from OH. It is now only a short hop to a full scale collection of his scattered cot toys.
                  He doesn't like it back does he. I'm expecting a full family insult assault in the moment but am about to go into work so will have to read his forthcoming bile later in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by formant View Post
                    FWIW, I think it's possible. I also think the way you go on and on about it and bring it up at seemingly every opportunity on here seriously undermines your credibility.
                    What credibility?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      He doesn't like it back does he. I'm expecting a full family insult assault in the moment but am about to go into work so will have to read his forthcoming bile later in the day.
                      Yes, must 7am, in imaginary San Diego just now, posting since about 5am, and surely about to post some more

Comment

Working...
                      X