• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Church tries to join 21st C

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    For most people, slavery isn't/wasn't an issue either, doesn't mean it's not relevant. These things filter down from the top so the top needs to know what it believes
    Good point well made.

Comment

Because it's a massive issue if homosexuality is right or wrong since which side they stand on potentially puts them directly at odds with both the law and the current secular position.
      Surely they should believe what is in the bible which states that homosexuality between males is wrong? (Note - this is not my position).

If there is any ambiguity (which there should not be as the bible was dictated by a being with infinite intelligence who would therefore be able to make his message understood to everyone across time and language barriers, especially as he is still around and therefore can ensure that no errors creep into his book) then a quick prayer for guidence would sort things out.

Also, whether they are at odds with the secular or legal position should be irrelevant. If that is what their God commands then that is what their God commands, he outranks local laws etc.
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

You'd think so but this appears not to be the case. In fact IIRC somewhere in the bible it says that homosexuality is ok so long as the physical act is not undertaken (how do you say "no buggery" in a politically correct way?).

EDIT. I can't find the reference now, so maybe I'm wrong in that.
        Last edited by Platypus; 4 January 2013, 17:47.

Comment

All biblical references are to homosexual sex, not relationships. So a celibate gay 'marriage' is a bit of an edge case!
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            ...(how do you say "no buggery" in a politically correct way?...
            Sodomy non sapiens.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Sodomy non sapiens.
              That leaves monkeys on the table though?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

That leaves monkeys on the table though?
                No, sapiens means 'wise'.

Sodomy non sapiens, means 'bugger[ed] if I know'.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                  Sodomy non sapiens, means 'bugger[ed] if I know'.
                  No it doesn't but hey ho.

Comment

Working...
                  X