• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not sure if I can go swimming again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I am still amazed at how little coverage the ultra triathletes get.

But then they get more coverage than the UKs most popular sport - fishing....
    Did you ever see that TV show called "Unbreakable"?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Just got back from swimming, I wondered why the toddler pool was so warm.

Wouldn't it be sort of like homeopathic wee? I mean half a pint in an Olympic size pool equates to about 1 part in 8 million, obviously we don't know how many 'parts' there are but I wouldn't worry.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I had to google it - Unbreakable (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

looks good fun.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          no but saw the film, Bruce Willis was rubbish.

Its vile, my youngest's swimming lessons have been cancelled 3 times because the preceding class laid a log in the pool 3 times!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Indeed, friend's baby had "an explosion" in the pool that was not contained by swim nappy and they had to get the whole swimming class out. She was mortified.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Indeed, friend's baby had "an explosion" in the pool that was not contained by swim nappy and they had to get the whole swimming class out. She was mortified.
              Stupid cow, does a baby in nappys need to have swimming lessons?

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                I reckon so. They love it.

In fact they have natural swimming ability that they lose after a few months.

Comment

My friend is not stupid. Nor is she a cow. 0/2

The pools promote "Duckling" swimming classes for babies of 6 months, so they must expect the odd accident. As BP said, they have a natural ability at that age. A (different) friend got a great 'Nirvana' underwater shot of his baby who looked happy and relaxed to be half drowned for the photo op.

Underwater photography of your baby | Water Babies

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                    Considering they spend 9 months "swimming" in amniotic fluid it's no wonder my son loved it when i took hom swimming from an early age
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X