• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Effing Americans and guns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
    Its a tricky one... as Chris Rock said .. the problem is not gun control its bullet control ! ... slap a massive tax on bullets... making them 1000% more expensive and then make these bozos think twice about shooting what would be the equivalent of silver bullets at poor innocents.
    given that most of them tend to off themselves afterwards or would at least appear to go in with the full knowledge that they'll wind up dead or bunking with Bubba for the rest of their lives, the price might not be a massive disincentive.
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Re: Effing Americans and guns

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      It's a big worry for me. I have to decide whether to move here next year and put my kids into the American schooling system. It's the one big concern for me. I just don't like their school system & I'm not sure I want to my kids into it. Seems an age of innocent lost.
      Yes but there must be thousands of American schools, and what? Three our four killing sprees per year? Statistically letting your kids cross the street must be far more dangerous.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        Yes but there must be thousands of American schools, and what? Three our four killing sprees per year? Statistically letting your kids cross the street must be far more dangerous.
        They don't even have to cross the street!
        Ohio woman who drove on sidewalk to avoid school bus holds 'idiot' sign under court order | Fox News
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          It's a big worry for me. I have to decide whether to move here next year and put my kids into the American schooling system. It's the one big concern for me. I just don't like their school system & I'm not sure I want to my kids into it. Seems an age of innocent lost.
          2 guys I've worked with moved there when they were younger, and moved back when they and their wives wanted to start families.

These tragic mass shootings are just the ones we hear about, every other day the news was full of "normal" shootings

Terribly sad.

Comment

anyone watched the Obama speech?

his eye touching implying he was holding back the tears seemed horrendously faked! anyone else?

as a parent of a 3yo and 3 week yo I can't imagine what the parents are going through, awful, just awful!!

Comment

The chances of you being murdered in the US - whilst considerably higher than here - are still tiny. 4 murders per 100,000 per year.

Then again if you apply that over a lifetime it's around 1 in 300 chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Fandango View Post

his eye touching implying he was holding back the tears seemed horrendously faked! anyone else?
                His entire presidency has been based on him being a nice guy, it covers up the fact that he is an appalling president.

Comment

Guns don't kill people, Americans do
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Fandango View Post

as a parent of a 3yo and 3 week yo I can't imagine what the parents are going through, awful, just awful!!
                    He can't be voted in as president again, so why would he do that? He is a father and had to talk about very young children being massacred, FFS how cynical can people get! Says more about you, you sicko

Comment

Originally posted by LatteLiberal View Post
                      He can't be voted in as president again, so why would he do that? He is a father and had to talk about very young children being massacred, FFS how cynical can people get! Says more about you, you sicko
                      You tell us.

Comment

Working...
                      X