• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you walk on by?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have asked a number to stop swearing, Most of the time i found out I was on my own the great british public who were wincing at the swearwords found the ground very interesting when I spoke up, I ended up facing 6 teenagers with potty mouths on my own. Eventually a service man in civvies helped me and the kids backed down.

most of the time they back down but I have been pelted with stones while walking with a 3 year old.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I would intervene every time, and think the problem gets worse the further down south I go.

And I have been stabbed once, and it was intervening in a sexual assualt.

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
        It's a generational thing. My Father is in his mid 70s and doesn't think twice about approaching gangs of youths, he even pushed one lippy one off his mountain bike. Almost always they back down when someone has the guts to face up to them. There are many half his age that are scared to even look at them, as a society we have become more gutless.
        Only because now society does not back anyone intervening and always lands on the sides of the scrotes.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          And if they don't have a gun, they might have a grenade.
          Or a howitzer - You can buy anything on the black market
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I have intervened once in a situation I saw outside my house.

Came home from training with my, then, girlfriend. Got out of the car and saw some onlookers watching an argument between a guy, a girl and a middle aged woman. There were two police there and they were trying to arrest the guy.

He would not co-operate and they sprayed him. He screamed and punched them both out before running away. He was running towards us and I could see that the gas had had an affect and he could not see properly so I stepped in his way and lifted him onto my shoulder. He ranted and raved but was too disoriented to actually do anything.

The police came running over and then started shouting at me?!?!

I put him down and backed away. They tried to cuff him and he got free and charged at me. I armed locked him onto the floor and the police then came over and started shouting at me again and threatening to spray me. I let him go and the cuffed him (finally) before getting him in the car

I could not believe that after being so restrained and helpful the police, rather than thanking me, went balistic and almost sprayed me.
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
              I could not believe that after being so restrained and helpful the police, rather than thanking me, went balistic and almost sprayed me.
              Have you been on the week long health and safety course for dealing with scrotes?

Police have to use minimum force in public. In the cells its different.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
                You could always ring the police, if you can't handle i yourself.

Edit: referring to things like fights.
                yeah right, by the time they arrive you are bloody stain on the floor and they have your phone & wallet.

Or they deny everything and the police charge you with wasting police time.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  yeah right, by the time they arrive you are bloody stain on the floor and they have your phone & wallet.

Or they deny everything and the police charge you with wasting police time.
                  Obviously you don't tell them

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                    I have intervened once in a situation I saw outside my house.

Came home from training with my, then, girlfriend. Got out of the car and saw some onlookers watching an argument between a guy, a girl and a middle aged woman. There were two police there and they were trying to arrest the guy.

He would not co-operate and they sprayed him. He screamed and punched them both out before running away. He was running towards us and I could see that the gas had had an affect and he could not see properly so I stepped in his way and lifted him onto my shoulder. He ranted and raved but was too disoriented to actually do anything.

The police came running over and then started shouting at me?!?!

I put him down and backed away. They tried to cuff him and he got free and charged at me. I armed locked him onto the floor and the police then came over and started shouting at me again and threatening to spray me. I let him go and the cuffed him (finally) before getting him in the car

they shouted what exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      BBC News - Anti-social behaviour: Two-thirds would 'walk on by'

Who are these 27% who would intervene? muppets. they will only end up getting arrested for abusing the little darlings human rights.
                      Depends what it is. If its a bit of fisticuffs or an assault then I'm more than happy to wade in. I don't mind confrontation and to be honest in a confrontation I have no issues with grabbing someone/being hit or hitting someone.

When it's antisocial behaviour around the lower teen level Ill think about it and the situation. Sometimes I've walked on and sometimes have a word. 5 lads a few months ago where vandalising some signs for a park fete that we'd organised and I saw them as I was cycling past. The one who saw me legged it so I headed off in hot pursuit with a load OI! Lo and behold a standoff occurred with them acting cocky and indignant. I wanted to cuff a couple of them, quick as a flash one has his phone out threatening to phone the police. I told them to fooking grow up and they sloped off. If there'd only be two I reckon I could have got away with strangling them there and burying the bodies. That would have taught them!
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X