• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Proper CUK fodder!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In actual money received into her bank account Leanna receives £8,904 a year. This is nearly £2,000 less cash than a Minimum Wage Job would pay a year.
    so we compare it to a minimum wage job and say its 'NEARLY £2000 less' one assumes all people on minimum wage - live for free, don't pay Council tax, , don't pay to travel to work etc.

Leanne's rent is £444 a month but the average for Croydon is £840 (proof here).
    Basically she has £700 pounds of discretionary spending (costs within her control) most lower rate workers would dream of such riches. She also has the time to make efficiencies.

pathetic lefty analysis.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Maybe we should just have a big hostel with bunk beds stacked 3 high and a locker for everyone where they can go to replace housing benefits/dole. Gruel can be served 3 times a day.

People should be saving money when they're in the jobs so that if they are unemployed they can carry on with a normal life whilst looking for another job - aka private social security. If they're incapable of doing this they can go and life in dole-camp.

Comment

Good luck to her. If she's better off not working, then she's doing the smart thing. It's just as smart as taking dividends rather than salary to avoid NI.

It's the old principle. Show me how I'll be measured and I'll adjust my behaviour accordingly.

The problem lies with the system, not the "benefit scroungers".
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Good luck to her. If she's better off not working, then she's doing the smart thing. It's just as smart as taking dividends rather than salary to avoid NI.

It's the old principle. Show me how I'll be measured and I'll adjust my behaviour accordingly.

The problem lies with the system, not the "benefit scroungers".
          agree completely its the system that needs changing
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
          X