• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's your record number of consecutive interviews before landing a contract?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bagged 7 from the last 8 interviews, so confident at that stage but not always been able to get past the agent to get submitted which stings !
    One I didnt get was large US sw firm perm job who contacted me and put me through to day assessment after 3 phone interviews. I didn't do well enough on the day and I was knocked a bit when they said no, but only for a day or so....

Comment

errm... 4, sales pitch was a bit rusty (note to self: I am a tiger raah-raah!)

I will say that when interviewers want to use tests for a non-technical role I already think "what a wasted journey".

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
        If you arent landing at least 1 contract offer for every 3 interviews, there's something majorly wrong. Anyone going to 19 or 20 interviews and not getting an offer is wasting everyone's time.
        WHS

If you're doing 19 interviews it shows you're crap at interviewing. Awful ratioS

I have a 38 wins out of 39 interviews in my contracting career but I've always been careful to what i apply for in the first place as well. Probably only applied for 200 contracts max in 14 years.
        Last edited by MarillionFan; 29 November 2012, 07:45.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I've always been careful to what i apply for in the first place as well. Probably only applied for 200 contracts max in 14 years.
          Your definition of 'picky' seems to be the same as Wilmslow's.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

WHS
            If you're doing 19 interviews it shows you're crap at interviewing. Awful ratioS
            Most of these were for perm positions - it was during my transitional phase. Even if I did not really fancy the job I was doing the interview as it was good practice. 10 of them were for the same company, several were phone screening interviews which tended to all tread the same water. The first contract I got had 3 interviews in it, one I did not get had 3 interviews. The one I am in now had one twnety minuter, which was nice.

WHS
            I have a 38 wins out of 39 interviews in my contracting career
            I was counting multiple interviews for the same position as separate interviews and a success as being offered a position rather than just progressing to the next round, were you or perhaps have you had one interview per contract?
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

1 if you count ones where I've turned them down afterwards.

3 if you are talking about winning a contract im happy with

Comment

All my interviews (approx 8) were after the client liked me just after looking at my CV, and the actual face-to-face interview is just to make sure i'm not a total moron.

I've only failed 1 interview out of those 8, so i'm not so much the moron I thought I was.... which is nice
                Last edited by kingcook; 29 November 2012, 16:57.
                Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

A Naive Moron?

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
                  All my interviews (approx 8) were after the client liked me just after looking at my CV, and the actual face-to-face interview is just to make sure i'm not a total moron.

I've only failed 1 interview out of those 8, so i'm not so much the moron I thought I was.... which is nice
                  The client "liked" you "just" after looking at [your] CV? Are you entirely sure that you are not a "total moron"?

Comment

Current hit rate is 1 in 3. The two I didn't get went to existing contractors so my suspicion was that they were just going through the motions for HR.

I had 100% hit rate up until then

Comment

Originally posted by helpFul View Post
                      The client "liked" you "just" after looking at [your] CV? Are you entirely sure that you are not a "total moron"?
                      I've had contracts based on previous clients alone. One agency took 1 look at the time I'd lasted at a past client (knowing them by rep) and got me 18 months of contracts (3) with no interviews required by the client.

I did know people at the other companies so interviewing them wasn't necessary.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X