• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What's your record number of consecutive interviews before landing a contract?"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    No interview, just an email from the hiring manager asking when I was free and how much did I want. That's my record.

Since then...

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    What's your record number of consecutive interviews before landing a contract?

4 interviews so far, 1 role cancelled, 3 roles landed = 100% interview success to date [emoji41] I've had other gigs on top - but through contacts rather than interviews.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I interview clients, not the other way round.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    40 Contracts in 18 years. Wow, who would've thunk it when I started out.

Has anyone done more companies than me now???

MF in 'reflective mode'
    Suity can do that many in 2 years.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    WHS

If you're doing 19 interviews it shows you're crap at interviewing. Awful ratioS

I have a 38 wins out of 39 interviews in my contracting career but I've always been careful to what i apply for in the first place as well. Probably only applied for 200 contracts max in 14 years.
    Right, now updating these statistics. Including the one I took after this, and then the one I just got. I now have an interview to contract ratio of

41-40-1

So as long as I can get an interview, I'm pretty much guaranteed to get a gig.

Have to say, that I reckon the number of applications to getting past or to an agent has increased considerably as most of the miserable bastards didn't even get back to me.

40 Contracts in 18 years. Wow, who would've thunk it when I started out.

Has anyone done more companies than me now???

MF in 'reflective mode'

Leave a comment:

• MayContainNuts
    replied
    5-5-0 for me so far. Still a newbie, but I reckon I'm punching above my weight.

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    Originally posted by helpFul View Post
    The client "liked" you "just" after looking at [your] CV? Are you entirely sure that you are not a "total moron"?
    Yep i'm sure i'm not a moron. The client even said on every occasion, quote, "we need to see you just to make sure you're not a moran".

"No problem", I said.

Leave a comment:

• No2politics
    replied
    What's your record number of consecutive interviews before landing a contract?

I am undefeated in 9 contracting interviews, securing 8 offers. One was classified a no contest since the pimp lied about my notice period. At the end of this engagement will have been there 20 months, looking forward to shaking off the ring rust and getting back into the mix!

Leave a comment:

• pootle
    replied
    Originally posted by NickNick View Post
    Trying hard to think back, but I believe that I've only failed at one interview in the last ten years contracting, landing all the rest.

Actually my Nemesis is responsible for the original post and all subsequent posts on this thread until this one; I have actually secured 19265 contracts from a total of 19266 Interviews.
    Last edited by pootle; 30 November 2012, 17:06.

Leave a comment:

• NickNick
    replied
    Trying hard to think back, but I believe that I've only failed at one interview in the last ten years contracting, landing all the rest.

Leave a comment:

• pootle
    replied
    WHS

If you're doing 19 interviews it shows you're crap at interviewing. Awful ratioS

I have a 38 wins out of 39 interviews in my contracting career but I've always been careful to what i apply for in the first place as well. Probably only applied for 200 contracts max in 14 years.
    Do you live alone by any chance?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by helpFul View Post
    The client "liked" you "just" after looking at [your] CV? Are you entirely sure that you are not a "total moron"?
    I've had contracts based on previous clients alone. One agency took 1 look at the time I'd lasted at a past client (knowing them by rep) and got me 18 months of contracts (3) with no interviews required by the client.

I did know people at the other companies so interviewing them wasn't necessary.

Leave a comment:

• redgiant
    replied
    Current hit rate is 1 in 3. The two I didn't get went to existing contractors so my suspicion was that they were just going through the motions for HR.

I had 100% hit rate up until then

Leave a comment:

• helpFul
    replied
    A Naive Moron?

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
    All my interviews (approx 8) were after the client liked me just after looking at my CV, and the actual face-to-face interview is just to make sure i'm not a total moron.

I've only failed 1 interview out of those 8, so i'm not so much the moron I thought I was.... which is nice

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    All my interviews (approx 8) were after the client liked me just after looking at my CV, and the actual face-to-face interview is just to make sure i'm not a total moron.

I've only failed 1 interview out of those 8, so i'm not so much the moron I thought I was.... which is nice
    Last edited by kingcook; 29 November 2012, 16:57.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X