• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B - Driving instruction.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why don't you pick a less tulip and better paying career?

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
      It sure is, Son number 1 is an apprentice Electrician and will be qualified next year he is 19 and Son number 2 is on a 3 year motorsport mechanic course, so he will be qualified by the time he is 20, i have told them both, get a trade you can do what you like then , if you then want to go and do something else you can and you will always have somthing to go back to or just do in your spare time
      Funny that. I'll be telling my son to get a degree from Oxbridge, you can do what you like then, if you then want to go and do something else you can and you will always have somthing to go back to or just do in your spare time
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Funny that. I'll be telling my imaginary son to get a imaginary degree from Oxbridge, you can do what you like then, if you then want to go and do something else imaginary you can and you will always have somthing imaginary to go back to or just do in your imaginary spare time
        FTFY
        If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Confessions of a Driving Instructor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Funny that. I'll be telling my son to get a degree from Oxbridge, you can do what you like then, if you then want to go and do something else you can and you will always have somthing to go back to or just do in your spare time
            Buggar, never thought of that, i should have pushed them to go to uni and do media studies instead. oh well they will have to make do with an HNC in mechanical or electrical engineering.

on a serious note, Several of number 1 son's mate went to uni straight from school, he missed them when they went but many of them are back now with their 2.1 degrees, he see alot more of them now their serving behind the counter at Next, BHS, and enterprise renta car, i can see why he may be gutted he never went
            Last edited by Support Monkey; 26 November 2012, 12:50.

Comment

Hmm.... What would be a good trade to get for someone with a dodgy back?

I really like training people, did a lot of that at my old place.

Shame there is not a trade in general training.

Just been to the area the new job is at on my bike - I am feeling like boil in the bag now, took 15 minutes. Hope they have a shower for the benefit of my soon to be colleagues

Comment

Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
                Hmm.... What would be a good trade to get for someone with a dodgy back? ...
                Claim disability benefits and Job Seeker's allowance, etc, etc. Money for old rope.

Millions of people in the UK do it, and you can pull in hundreds of pounds a week just for sitting around watching TV all day.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Claim disability benefits and Job Seeker's allowance, etc, etc. Money for old rope.

Millions of people in the UK do it, and you can pull in hundreds of pounds a week just for sitting around watching TV all day.
                  Very tempting - but sadly need to work on getting my mortgage down.......

Been watching Jeremy Kyle, and Loose women today. Off to see the yummy mummy's at the gym later on. Loving this no job malarky.....

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    I know someone who became a driving instructor.

He married one of his pupils IIRC.
                    Yes there is that benefit to being a driving instructor, the chance to chat up quality teenage skirt.
                    touch them between the legs - oops missed the gearstick there..

Comment

Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
                      Very tempting - but sadly need to work on getting my mortgage down.......

Been watching Jeremy Kyle, and Loose women today. Off to see the yummy mummy's at the gym later on. Loving this no job malarky.....
                      Does Esther know that you like to eye up sweaty totty at the gym?

Comment

Working...
                      X