• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC News - Israel Bus explosion - Several Injured

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Indeed. Hamas do have F16s and Huge tanks to defend themselves with. You are comparing a giant battle ship to an AK-47 here....
    That's for defence. I was talking about their annual appraisal for attack effectiveness. Do try to keep up.

Perhaps Hamas should have spent money on building schools for girls, rather than rockets from Iran. Or letting some of the third generations dwellers in refugee camps out to settle in Gaza proper. You can believe the IDF to be a bunch of blood thirsty violent bastards without having to justify or defend the actions of Hamas. And vice versa.

Rule one of conflict. Don't get into an arse kicking contest with a centipede.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      That's for defence. I was talking about their annual appraisal for attack effectiveness. Do try to keep up.
      The saying goes: A bad worker always blames his tools.

In this case they simply don't have the tools to defend themselves effectively - that is not to completely justify their tactics. As I said in previous post, Hezbollah managed to keep the majority of the enemy casualties as military. At the same time, however, they have little else they can do. The weapons they have can't do anything to the Israeli tanks, helicopters or fighter jets.

Comment

. Also it is clearly not to scale.
        Looks alright to me.

Comment

...In this case they simply don't have the tools to defend themselves effectively ...
          If they built schools instead, perhaps they wouldn't have to. If they can evade the blockade well enough to get missiles in, the raw materials for concrete shouldn't be too hard.

One difference between the IDF and Hamas seems to be that the IDF care about the people they're supposed to be looking after. Hamas seem to care more about hurting their enemy than looking after their own.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
            Looks alright to me.
            I meant something more like this:

Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 22 November 2012, 13:13.

Comment

Oh

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                If they built schools instead, perhaps they wouldn't have to. If they can evade the blockade well enough to get missiles in, the raw materials for concrete shouldn't be too hard.

One difference between the IDF and Hamas seems to be that the IDF care about the people they're supposed to be looking after. Hamas seem to care more about hurting their enemy than looking after their own.
                Ah yes - they are allowed to build schools in the west bank aren't they? well at least for a few months before a settlement is built on top of them....

Comment

Whilst ever Jews live in the Levant there will be trouble.

References:

Old testament
                  Josephus
                  Hadrian - who dispersed them in approx 134 CE

1948 onwards - when they went back.
                  But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

References:

Old testament
                    Josephus

Never any trouble in the middle east between 134 CE and 1948 then? Bloody Christians/Muslims/Jews - can we see a common theme here at all? Why can this region never settle, so called cradle of civilisation?

That's my deep thinking for the day - back to work.
                    Beer
                    is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
                    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

References:

Old testament
                      Josephus

Provided there is no anti-Semitism intended from the above, there is some logic to it - Having a Zionist state in the middle of all those Muslim countries is surely a lethal recipe for disaster.... Maybe they should have formed Israel in Germany instead? After all it was not the Palestinians who committed the holocaust.

Comment

Working...
                      X