• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are working people this dependant on benefits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Over-regulation then. The nanny state strangles you to stop the nanny strangling your kids.
    Totally agree with you dude. But *everything* in this country is over-regulated. That's one of the reason that it's so expensive to live here.

The factsheet is here, if anyone is interested. Ofsted | Factsheet: childcare - Childminding between friends

Comment

Arguably, yes, having four children if you're dependent on tax credits to pay for their food is asking for trouble.
      That's exactly what I was thinking, they obviously made a decision to have more children why did they not think of the financial implications. You can't expect to have lots of disposable income if you have a lot of kids unless you have a stellar job like being a tester . I noted that it said the husband was a software programmer and my first thoughts were get a more well paid position.
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        My wife already looks after a friends daughter after school and her mum returns the favour, the fact is kids cost more than an average working wage can support and this is only too apparent now tax credits have been chopped.

Carry on the witch hunt (not aimed at you MTT).
        Yep, I understand; there are some people who are genuine whiners, but the middle classes are being squeezed in the UK and here in NL, especially on the tax front, but they've also had no rise in wages in several years; scary thing is that in Northern Europe at the moment we seem to have it quite easy compared to the South.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
          That's exactly what I was thinking, they obviously made a decision to have more children why did they not think of the financial implications. You can't expect to have lots of disposable income if you have a lot of kids unless you have a stellar job like being a tester . I noted that it said the husband was a software programmer and my first thoughts were get a more well paid position.
          Maybe he's not brainy enough to be a tester

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            My wife already looks after a friends daughter after school and her mum returns the favour, the fact is kids cost more than an average working wage can support and this is only too apparent now tax credits have been chopped.

Carry on the witch hunt (not aimed at you MTT).
            In true CUK style, it's the single, virginal jaffa s pontificating about child care, costs thereof, implications for working life etc.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

I have two friends whose wives are childminders and from what I can gather it isn't all that lucrative so what am I missing here?
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

I have two friends whose wives are childminders and from what I can gather it isn't all that lucrative so what am I missing here?
                It's probably all insurance costs to cover the event of a child drinking paint or something.

Comment

It's a bit like healthcare. It's extremely lucrative, but not for the people who actually deliver the service.

Comment

Maybe he's not brainy enough to be a tester
                    Yup something along the lines of "I'm not good enough to be a tester, so I'll be a tulip developer instead"
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Yup something along the lines of "I'm not good enough to be a tester, so I'll be a tulip developer instead"
                      Hey don't knock tulip developers; I started out as a tulip developer and look at me now!

Comment

Working...
                      X