• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Religious nutcase doctors refuse abortion to miscarrying woman who then dies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it was my daughter, and I had the skills, and the law forbade it, I would do the necessary.

If it was someone elses daughter and the full force of the law contadicted my hippocratic oath and my own carefully arrived at opinion ....
    jeez. what a predicament

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Religion is evil, there's one form of proof.
      Erm. No. It would be "proof". Not a "form" of proof. There are religions which allow abortion under these circumstances, so your statement is entirely testicular, and more testament to your knee jerk,irrational reaction to anything to do with religion. I do wonder why you're so sensitive about it.

It is claimed that if she'd had an abortion, then she would not have died. However, is that actually known at this time? Perhaps it was other medical mismanagement that was the real cause. Maybe we'll get to know after the investigation - unless there's the usual hospital cover ups.

According to this "There were 7 deaths after legal abortions during 1982-84 and 4 during 1985-87". However, I don't recall an outcry then demanding that abortion be outlawed to save women's lives.

The prolifers I know wouldn't have an issue with a woman having an abortion if it's either that or both die. I surprised that Irish law doesn't cover this (if it was really the case).
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        I surprised that Irish law doesn't cover this (if it was really the case).
        AFAIK Irish law does allow it.
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Is it only the religious that have such strong anti-abortion views? I don't know why but I thought even the secular world frowned on it... judging by the number of people who get knocked up by accident but then choose to have the baby
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

so lets see if the woman was miscarrying does this not therefore mean the foetus was already non viable?

If so then it was not abortion but the removal of an a collection of cells that never made consciousness.

which means the doctors are at fault as they would not have been perfomring an abortion.

However the fu<ked up law in a backwards country which allows people to die because of lies peddled for the past 2000 years needs to be addressed.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

However the fu<ked up law in a backwards country which allows people to die because of lies peddled for the past 2000 years needs to be addressed.
              Easier said than done.

From what I've heard, the foetus had a heartbeat for a long time and that was what caused the delays.

It's not right but unfortunatly its the law and my heart breaks for that poor woman.
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Strange how things deeply embedded in the distant past still have effect.

One, and I mean one of many, reasons Christianity gained a foot hold in the Roman world was it's prohibition of abortion and the exposing of unwanted infants. This was popular among women who could be ordered by their husbands or fathers to dispose of unwanted children as described. The Church would help them to refuse these actions and so gained support among women who were the stalwarts of the early church.

And now we rail against what was meant to be a more humane action. Yes of cause there is context etc and the literal interpretation, but look at the rest of the world where infanticide is a common occurrence and without the Church's teaching on this matter where would we be?
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Feck me I started reading that article and thought t was going to be about how backward India is, which wouldn't have been a surprise.
                  Gobsmacked that it happened in Ireland.
                  Religious brainwashing is indeed a stupid, evil thing.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                    WNFS
                    +1

Suity must have got out of bed on the wrong side this morning, or else he's not thinking straight
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Ironically, she was only having a baby because her own religion had led to an arranged marriage.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X