• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£1000 lighter by 7.15am

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I should really get a smaller wallet and just take out the single card. What with RBS doing the emergency cash thing. I have 4 cards and 3 of them hardly ever get used, just a risk.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      I should really get a smaller wallet and just take out the single card. What with RBS doing the emergency cash thing. I have 4 cards and 3 of them hardly ever get used, just a risk.
      Hmm yes I would really trust that emergency cash thing. I trust it so much my last RBS account has been shifted elsewhere.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Company Visa card, personal debit card for everyday use, personal credit card for extra credit card rights, Euro debit card. Think I've done well to cut it down to that.

Also obviously have to carry passport, driving licence (both parts), RAC membership card, EHIC, and client co entry badge. And 2 currencies.

And that's when I'm not working in SAwitzerland. Would love to cut it down to 1 card + folding money.
        Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Hmm yes I would really trust that emergency cash thing. I trust it so much my last RBS account has been shifted elsewhere.
          Just to add scary details are here BBC News - NatWest admits fraud has led to suspension of bank app amongst other places.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            At least HSBC sorted you out.

I don't really do cash It's a miracle if I even have enough in my purse for the car park in the mornings!!
            Same here, went to see No 1 son at Uni the other week and didn't have the £1.50 for the Dartford Crossing!!!! Cos the wife has bought MacD's with the change that is usually in the car!

Hitler in the booth, really gave me the third degree.

Going again on Sat, MUST GET SOME CHANGE.

P.S. Thought the OP was talking about some gold and diamond encrusted Zippo.
            Last edited by Scrag Meister; 8 November 2012, 09:35.
            Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
              Same here, went to see No 1 son at Uni the other week and didn't have the £1.50 for the Dartford Crossing!!!! Cos the wife has bought MacD's with the change that is usually in the car!

Hitler in the booth, really gave me the third degree.

Going again on Sat, MUST GET SOME CHANGE.
              It's a job requirement there. BTW how come it's legal that they don't give receipts?
              Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Where was this ? Baghdad ?
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Well I've had the fuzz round tonight (very tasty wpc ) to take a statement about what happened

They said it's really daft but because there's no victim then it isn't treated as a crime. Basically because I've been refunded I'm not a victim and the bank is insured so unless the bank/insurance company want to push it further it won't get reported as a crime!

They have said they are going to try and catch them though as it's happened twice more since me at the same cashpoint! They crooks are obviously getting greedy so they need to do a stake out to catch them! Its happening between 5 am and 7.30am basically the first person to use the cashpoint that day!

Comment

I thought initially you'd lost one of these:

S.T. Dupont Lighter Black Mother of Pearl with Cigar Burner (16408) NEW on eBay!
                    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Working...
                    X