• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What we've been saying for years...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Anyone here already escaped or making plans to escape?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      WCS
      You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

I did, I planned on going to Canada after living overseas in various places over a 5 year period.

Problem was, by the time I got geared up to do it the NOC list changed (entry requirement for skilled visas) and I got locked out, unless I change career.

My advice to anyone considering it , is to get on with it

Also, you don't need to revoke British citizenship or anything, you can go dual nationality.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
          I did, I planned on going to Canada after living overseas in various places over a 5 year period.

Problem was, by the time I got geared up to do it the NOC list changed (entry requirement for skilled visas) and I got locked out, unless I change career.

My advice to anyone considering it , is to get on with it

Also, you don't need to revoke British citizenship or anything, you can go dual nationality.
          I noticed that too

Pressure of circumstances led me to watch the age deadline for Australia (45) and then New Zealand (55) pass me by. Still Canada was always possible, and with my fluent French I could even scrape enough points without a job offer.

Then they changed the NOC and Canada went off the picture too...

Ah, so what does that leave? The EU?

Comment

Fair enough, you stay behind and fund the 3rd World immigration wave, trillion £££ debt mountain and public sector pension pots.

Enjoy.
            Where are you living now, DP?

Is Swindon abroad?
            Last edited by Doggy Styles; 7 November 2012, 15:55.

Comment

How about Finland?

This is how they advertise milk:

Finland, Finland, Finland
              The country where I want to be, Pony trekking or camping, Or just watching TV
              Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
                A poor second to Belgium. When going abroad.

Apparently some Phd type at PermieCo is off to work at Microsoft in Seattle, after they approached him.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
                  This is how they advertise milk:

Wibble...
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

For years?

The tories were using the 'brain drain' as a reason for lowering taxes back in the early eighties if I remember correctly.

Anyone here already escaped or making plans to escape?
                    I have, not because I wanted to but because the wife made me. I'd be on the first plane back if it was down to me but I would have to get divorced, and I don't want to get divorced.

It's not only the UK that has these issues. Over here in NZ, as fast as they can import new people from India, China and the UK, their own are leaving for Australia.
                    Worst ever year for Kiwi-Oz migration - Immigration - NZ Herald News

I think Stewart Lee sums up the emigrants the best.

Comment

So the other 50% are what, doleys who emigrate to benidorm?

It's ok, MF will be included in *next* year's figures, which means it'll only be 49% who are professionals
                      "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
                      X