• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BPM Role

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    You're fired.
    Only because he can't spell?

Comment

BPM Role

Rats, busy until March.

Ah well, another time maybe
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Right, just got it signed off. I need a BPM consultant in San Francisco for 3 months starting in the next week/two weeks.

Can anyone recommend anyone?
        I'll have a go, what does BPM stand for again?

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        I just don't see the point in touting on here, here of all places! I mean who the frak on here would want to work for MF?
        Oh. Never mind. Good luck and all that.

Comment

Having slept on it, PM me if you're serious.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
            I'll have a go, what does BPM stand for again?
            "Business process management (BPM) is a holistic management approach[1] to aligning an organization's business processes with the wants and needs of clients. It promotes business effectiveness and efficiency while striving for innovation, flexibility, and integration with technology. BPM attempts to improve processes continuously. It can therefore be described as a "process optimization process." It is argued that BPM enables organizations to be more efficient, more effective and more capable of change than a functionally focused, traditional hierarchical management approach."

Sounds like BS to me. How hard can it be?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              "Business process management (BPM) is a holistic management approach[1] to aligning an organization's business processes with the wants and needs of clients. It promotes business effectiveness and efficiency while striving for innovation, flexibility, and integration with technology. BPM attempts to improve processes continuously. It can therefore be described as a "process optimization process." It is argued that BPM enables organizations to be more efficient, more effective and more capable of change than a functionally focused, traditional hierarchical management approach."

Not that hard. If you can find your way round a swim lane diagram and learn the tools (say 6 months) then you're away.

Designing processes is straightforward enough, designing lean processes that are actually going to give you an ROI takes longer. Seriously.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Presumably BPM involves posting continuous drivel on cuk judging from MF's posts. I reckon I am ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  Not that hard. If you can find your way round a swim lane diagram and learn the tools (say 6 months) then you're away.

Designing processes is straightforward enough, designing lean processes that are actually going to give you an ROI takes longer. Seriously.
                  easy job - its the BS and people that come with - ie you are capturing stuff that involves people and usually data, if you are simplifying their day job and publishing for all to see = friction, moreso if they are permie

so it depends on industry/culture of client co as to how that is handled

we brush stuff like this under the carpet and plough on - wouldnt want to offend anyone ....

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

It's a framework. Ideally I'm looking for a best practice approach to document processes, workflow, people & data over about 40/50 different business processes. I'm looking to set some standards on documentation & the initialization of projects from the business side. I'm looking for a common language so that all functional areas can communicate efficiently & the idea is to utilize BPM to some order. I want to be able to measure the business processes with a view to improving them & showing improvement.

Travelling for the next 20 hours or so, so will have a chance to do some more research before reaching out for any help.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

It's a framework. Ideally I'm looking for a best practice approach to document processes, workflow, people & data over about 40/50 different business processes. I'm looking to set some standards on documentation & the initialization of projects from the business side. I'm looking for a common language so that all functional areas can communicate efficiently & the idea is to utilize BPM to some order. I want to be able to measure the business processes with a view to improving them & showing improvement.

Travelling for the next 20 hours or so, so will have a chance to do some more research before reaching out for any help.
                      Suity's swim lane thing looks the ticket. Shove on some 'time' measurements on the workflows and you're done.

Comment

Working...
                      X