• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Knee jerk of the year so far?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody immigrants

The man, who had moved to the UK from Australia
    Coming here and disrupting our culture

The daily wail
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      That hardly measures against the impact the new IR35 rules on all contracts over £220 a day will have on Government IT projects. See http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...ntracting.html

Unfortunately the sheer scale of the consequences will really only become obvious sometime after march next year.
      I don't earn £220 a day.

Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Ah, just seen he's Australian.

Nothing to see here.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
          I disagree, I think that his motives were sound and the wellbeing of a nation as a whole is more important than a sporting event.
          Why were his motives sound? He is clearly a pathetic individual with a huge chip on his shoulder that no one is interested in so in order to attract disproportionate attention to himself he undertakes a disproportionate act.

As for "well being of the nation" I am interested to know what it is he did that was in the interests of the nation?
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

With all the cuts you'd think he'd not have time for larking about like that.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Should be deported to Australia, that's what we do with those types...
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

There is a deterrent aspect in the 6 months
                Quite agree. It may make bloody egotists like him think again.

But is it really so different to protests outside embassies etc that also cause massive inconvenience and loss for others due to road and business closures and so on? In London especially, they are too often about foreign issues that are nothing to do with, and of no interest to, UK citizens in general. The Tamil protests in 2009 cost us £7 million in police overtime alone. Peacefully standing around with placards is fine but making people miss a day's pay or ruining their holiday for something that is if no interest to them isn't. Neither is hugely hiking up police costs.

Maybe they should tighten up on protests generally, let a magistrate weigh up the public interest and decide the scale.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                X