• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jeez - this is scarey. employment situation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    just nicked a few to look at

nursing

I would have thought that nursing was useful as a qualification - isn't there a shortage of nurses?

Changing the subject a little,

Ramjit Raghav: World's oldest dad does it again at 96 (well, he does have sex three times a night!) | Mail Online

"An Indian man has become the world’s oldest father for the second time at the age of 96"

I'm wondering whether he is you?:

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
      What can I do? This is all God's wish.
      Why do you think God invented condoms?

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        wow.

she came home with a suitcase full of application forms, and 80% of them have degrees

come out of uni, 7k debt and have to fight like a wolf to get a 7.40 and hour shift based job ????

holy fckng hell

Phew thank god for that I am under qualified
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
          The youth unemployment issue they created with the minimum wage.

Labour: fighting short term populist decisions with short term populist decisions.
          What's your argument then?

Lowering wages is more likely to increase the take-up of low paid jobs?
          - Can't see those who don't want to work for £5 an hour will work for £3.

-Employers can't afford to emply someone on £5 an hour? Therefore there are less jobs

£5 an hour is pretty low, a race to become the new India isn't a solution. IIRC £3 an hour hasnt been seen since the late 80s when the cost of living was a fraction of that today. Places like ALDI chose to pay OVER the minimum wage and they seem to be doing pretty well. You are effectively arguing for is state subsidised jobs, because anyone paid that lowly will require their income to be topped up by the state.
          Last edited by ZARDOZ; 17 October 2012, 13:28.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
            I would have thought that nursing was useful as a qualification - isn't there a shortage of nurses?

Changing the subject a little,

Ramjit Raghav: World's oldest dad does it again at 96 (well, he does have sex three times a night!) | Mail Online

"An Indian man has become the world’s oldest father for the second time at the age of 96"

I'm wondering whether he is you?:

<cough> git <cough>
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Good to see all the scientists have been able to get jobs - as it should be.
              Psychology is a science. Maybe. At my university you could choose to study psychology as a BSc OR a BA. I've no idea how, at this is a proper uni (regardless Sas' claims I went to a poly )
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
                What's your argument then?

Lowering wages is more likely to increase the take-up of low paid jobs?
                - Can't see those who don't want to work for £5 an hour will work for £3.

-Employers can't afford to emply someone on £5 an hour? Therefore there are less jobs

£5 an hour is pretty low, a race to become the new India isn't a solution. IIRC £3 an hour hasnt been seen since the late 80s when the cost of living was a fraction of that today. Places like ALDI chose to pay OVER the minimum wage and they seem to be doing pretty well. You are effectively arguing for is state subsidised jobs, because anyone paid that lowly will require their income to be topped up by the state.
                If you increase the price of something (via a price floor in this case) you reduce the demand.

(Min wage introduced in 1999)

Comment

If you increase the price of something (via a price floor in this case) you reduce the demand.

(Min wage introduced in 1999)
                  Not connected, you can see from this graph, youth unemplyment is following a similar patern to the rest of the EU as it's basically a funtion of the economic cycle. In fact you can see it's not as bad in the UK.

Why not post a plot of youth unemployment since 1972, you will see introduction of the minimum wage is as useful an indicator of youth unemplyment as was say the splitting up of the Spice Girls

Comment

Ok, if you want to blur the figures we'll just rely on the basic economic theory instead then....

If something costs more, it's consumed less.

Comment

Ok, if you want to blur the figures we'll just rely on the basic economic theory instead then....

If something costs more, it's consumed less.
                      You really are very stupid indeed. And the sad thing is you can't figure out why
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X