• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jeez - this is scarey. employment situation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeps 'em off the unemployment stats.

Comment

just nicked a few to look at

nursing
      English
      Psychology
      Criminal studies
      Early childhood studies
      psychology

Bar staff at Everton she's in. give er the job love

I will have a proper look tomorrow

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I'm probably wrong, and being very unfair, but I always get the vibe that a university course ending in 'studies' must be mickey mouse.

Comment

IT is next , it has been obvious since 2008 or so. Tell you something else. Your money is worth 9 times less than you think. And this will materialize in your life time.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejohnson View Post
            IT is next , it has been obvious since 2008 or so. Tell you something else. Your money is worth 9 times less than you think. And this will materialize in your life time.
            Are you suggesting that the monetory base has increase ninefold recently and that when the velocity of money reaches previous levels inflation will go through the roof?

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
              Are you suggesting that the monetory base has increase ninefold recently and that when the velocity of money reaches previous levels inflation will go through the roof?
              The monetary base (m0) is 9 times ( or more ) less than the amount of money people think are available in the economy (m1). Basically if the whole economy was 10 people and they all went to the bank right now and asked all for their money , only 1 can get it. The rest doesn't exist.

The method to deal with this is print more money which of course is happening all the time and that is why your money can buy 2 or 3 times fewer things than 10 years ago. This ( you getting poorer ) will continue indefinitely until the current riots throughout EU reach civil-war level. At that time there will be either a revolution(iceland) or military control(likely).
              Last edited by stevejohnson; 16 October 2012, 21:45.

Comment

I thought the m0 was less than 3% these days.

I know the m4 has retracted and we're printing money to fill the void.

I was thinking about buying silver as gold has gone silly prices but you have to pay VAT here, though i guess gold will still keep going up.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
                  I thought the m0 was less than 3% these days.

I know the m4 has retracted and we're printing money to fill the void.

I was thinking about buying silver as gold has gone silly prices but you have to pay VAT here, though i guess gold will still keep going up.
                  so far i only know what m0 and m1 are ..not sure about gold and silver but food and water will be getting 15 % (at least) more expensive each year , or more with the recent news. Africa is projected for mass starvation in 2013. What i believe is being able to provide food and water on your own will be more and more valuable skill.

Comment

[QUOTE=EternalOptimist;1629191
                    nursing
                    English
                    Psychology
                    Criminal studies
                    Early childhood studies
                    psychology
                    [/QUOTE]

I was gonna say... How do you know they haven't a degree in social care or are looking to get into medicine or something related?

My wife is a trained solicitor, a degree and two masters. She packed it in to become a doctor, did a number of very low paid jobs in care homes, council support groups etc.. It is very common, in fact many jobs have quite a lot of competition from people because the experience is so valuable when it comes to applying for medicine.

From your list, nursing, childhood studies and psychology are 4 people who are clearly aiming for a related career.

Also I don't see the problem. Degrees were never a automatic and instantaneous wage increase, despite what some people say or think. There is nothing wrong with starting at the bottom rung.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                      nursing
                      English
                      Psychology
                      Criminal studies
                      Early childhood studies
                      psychology
                      Good to see all the scientists have been able to get jobs - as it should be.

Originally posted by stevejohnson View Post
                      The monetary base (m0) is 9 times ( or more ) less than the amount of money people think are available in the economy (m1). Basically if the whole economy was 10 people and they all went to the bank right now and asked all for their money , only 1 can get it. The rest doesn't exist.

The method to deal with this is print more money which of course is happening all the time and that is why your money can buy 2 or 3 times fewer things than 10 years ago. This ( you getting poorer ) will continue indefinitely until the current riots throughout EU reach civil-war level. At that time there will be either a revolution(iceland) or military control(likely).
                      I have been hearing that since the 1980s. Inflation will sort everything out.

Comment

Working...
                      X