• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gary Mckinnon will NOT be extradited

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His mother wrote in an open letter "no matter how much anyone may choose to exaggerate his crime, the fact is that his crime was tapping on a keyboard in his bedroom in north London". That's a bit disingenuous, considering that tapping could have serious consequences. It's like saying "my only crime was moving my finger", when that finger was wrapped around a trigger.

Comment

I take her point that he's a nerd who doesn't understand computers are part of the real world... but that goes for all those who think posting abuse via Twitter is OK because "it's the internet".
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Talking should not be a crime.

Comment

Apparently he was looking for little green men.

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

This news has made my day. I felt sure we were going to bend over for the yanks again. Really pleased about this

Comment

Apparently his family have booked a holiday in Florida to celebrate
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                Apparently his family have booked a holiday in Florida to celebrate

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                  This news has made my day. I felt sure we were going to bend over for the yanks again. Really pleased about this
                  WHS.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

he 'hacked' a secure system by checking who hadn't got a password. He didn't delete anything.

Its roughly like walking down the street and then walking into the open back door of a shop and checking what they had in store cupboard. He didn't take anything. so its the equivalent of Trespass tops.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                      I could see that coming when first thing this morning they announced there would be announcement later today. If he was being stitched up by the one-sided extradition treaty that exists between the UK and the US in the same way as Christopher Tappin and Babar Ahmad before him, the announcement would instead have been buried during some busier news day or made on a Sunday morning. It's quite something to see when criminal justice becomes a mere political issue. Expect to see more of the same farcical opportunism once elected Police Commissioners that are more interested in getting re-elected than in justice come along.
                      Last edited by Gentile; 16 October 2012, 13:32. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                      X