• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More evidence of global warming.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More evidence of global warming.

More evidence of global warming

The world is close to reaching tipping points that will make it irreversibly hotter, making this decade critical in efforts to contain global warming, Australian scientists warned.

Scientific estimates Australia's temperature looks set to rise by six degrees Celsius by 2012 if greenhouse gas emissions are allowed to rise uncontrollably.

"This is the critical decade. If we don't get the curves turned around this decade we will cross those lines," said Will Steffen, executive director of the Australian National University's climate change institute, speaking at a conference in London just a few months before it snowed this spring.
    Last edited by Paddy; 12 October 2012, 19:52.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Lets hope so, it might cancel out the gas price increases. I wont hold my breath though.

Though this is a thought I have had before. If it did warm, people would need less heating, reducing co2, would walk rather than drive etc etc. So wouldnt warming therefore be a self limiting phenomenon?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      More evidence of global warming

The world is close to reaching tipping .
      I like the link
      snow in Australia in spring ? Heaviest snow on record ??

I thought snow was supposed to be a thing of the past.

in other news
      Antarctic ice is still at an all time maximum, polar bears are thriving and there are not billions of climate refugees.
      maybe the doom sayers have gotten it wrong

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        I like the link
        snow in Australia in spring ? Heaviest snow on record ??

I thought snow was supposed to be a thing of the past.

in other news
        Antarctic ice is still at an all time maximum, polar bears are thriving and there are not billions of climate refugees.
        maybe the doom sayers have gotten it wrong

Global wheat harvests have failed.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          grain harvest down 4% over all
          ethanol production from grain > 4%

burning food to attempt to prevent a non-existant problem - thats the greens for you

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post

Lets hope so, it might cancel out the gas price increases. I wont hold my breath though.

Though this is a thought I have had before. If it did warm, people would need less heating, reducing co2, would walk rather than drive etc etc. So wouldnt warming therefore be a self limiting phenomenon?
            What about air conditioning, numbnuts?
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              What about air conditioning, numbnuts?
              Seriously? We need air con for maybe 6 weeks in the UK (if we are lucky) and heating for 7 months. Try and think a bit, I know its hard for you.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                grain harvest down 4% over all
                ethanol production from grain > 4%

burning food to attempt to prevent a non-existant problem - thats the greens for you

Are you implying that the environmentalists support a policy of deforestation, mass starvation, increased pollution, lowering oil prices, increasing food prices and skewing markets ?

how very dare you

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

In the newspapers they claimed that in July in the US records were broken.

Looks like that was just propoganda:

An ‘inconvenient result’ – July 2012 not a record breaker according to data from the new NOAA/NCDC U.S. Climate Reference Network | Watts Up With That?

As for the doom laden predictions of the Arctic ice cap disappearing. That prediction appears with startling regularity over the past hundred years. It seems even after all this time so called scientists haven´t cottened on to the notion of "cycles".

From 1923

Last edited by BlasterBates; 13 October 2012, 11:17.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post

http://www.kswheat.com/wheatpageid32...tReports.shtml

Harvest Report - September 21, 2012 | US Wheat

Yet more propoganda from the newspapers.

The wheat or corn or whatever harvest isn´t identical from year to year, it varies according to the weather. So if the harvest is slightly lower than a previous year it would be somewhat presumptious to describe it as a failed harvest.
                    Last edited by BlasterBates; 13 October 2012, 11:52.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X