• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Movie recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Shame. It's a GREAT movie! And very funny IMO. The coffee tin moment?
    I love every one of the Coen Brothers ilms

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
      I love every one of the Coen Brothers ilms
      I like their films too !

Comment

Memento is brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
          Memento is brilliant.
          I don't remember it. But here, what's this note?

Comment

Shame. It's a GREAT movie! And very funny IMO. The coffee tin moment?
            To be honest, I could see that predictable joke lumbering into shot from several miles away. All I thought when the payoff moment in that scene happened was "so that's why they set up the previous scene where 'X' died (don't want to ruin it for anyone else so I wont name the character), seemingly for no reason that added to the plot. It was just so that they could insert that clichéd old joke into the subsequent ashes scene."

I'm not a fan of the Coen brothers. I didn't 'get' No Country For Old Men either. Their films just feel like shaggy dog stories to me. I can appreciate the situational comedy in some of their individual scenes, like this one from Fargo. However, as complete stories, most of their stuff leaves me feeling the same way as when you've had your time wasted by being talked at for an hour by the office bore.

Comment

I don't remember it. But here, what's this note?
              It has such a bizarre and twisted end to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
                To be honest, I could see that predictable joke lumbering into shot from several miles away.
                It's the fact that we can see it but the characters cannot that makes it so funny. And that they are a bunch of idiots who take themselves so seriously. Oh wait .... I hadn't seem the similarity with CUK before

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
                  I didn't 'get' No Country For Old Men either.

thank goodness for that, I watched thinking 'should I mention the emperor is naked?' glad I didn't pay for it.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

No country is great but the ending is infuriating on first watching.

Another recent film i liked was There Will be Blood.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                      I'm looking for ideas on a good movie to watch tonight.
                      As you're in germany, I suggest "The Lives of Others".
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X