• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you want me in your team?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aussielong
    Do you want me in your team?
    No.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Only if I was leaving tomorrow and hated everyone else in it.
      FTFY
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
        In the last week I've done a huge amount of development and got the project back on track. In today's standup I find out the BA is writing the requirements for dev work I did months ago. Looking up at the ceiling I barked "WHAT?". I then put my red beams on the BA who could not even look me in the eye. BA muttered something inaudible and shuffled from one foot to the other. The PM intervenes asking me which ticket im working on. I completely ignored that question, and got stuck into the BA. "Have you done my test cases?". BA shakes head, still shoe gazing. I call "right, meeting over" and everyone slopes off. The PM is stumped.
        Why was he on the ceiling?
        Were you laying on the floor?
        Are you a dingo?

He probably had difficulty looking you in the eye because yours are crossed in a kind of 'Hills have eyes' way?

Comment

He hasn't come back. I think he posted just when the coke rush started abating.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            I've finally figured AL - he's having a larf!

What a little joker he is, no-one could be that much of a prize tit in real life.
            I don't know, I've met a (mercifully small number) of people in real life that actually were that arrogant and deluded about their own self-importance. You must have encountered some too: you've banned several of them.

Comment

I always thought AussieLong was some sort of data type, like an int, varchar or long

maybe he sees himself as a bigInt, whereas we see a big cnt

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                I always thought AussieLong was some sort of data type, like an int, varchar or long

maybe he sees himself as a bigInt, whereas we see a big cnt

His threads are a floating point operation.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  His threads are a floating point operation.
                  lol

in Oz they have this pleb dish called a pie floater (a pie in mushy peas)

maybe he is a pi floater

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
                    I don't know, I've met a (mercifully small number) of people in real life that actually were that arrogant and deluded about their own self-importance.
                    Oh that does make me chuckle. I am sure I don't need to point something out here....

Floater, that brings back memories of staggering through Woolloomooloo at god knows half past stupid in the morning and stopping by Harry's Cafe de wheels and ordering one. Surprisingly nice, and much better than a kebab for full drunken goodness.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                      Oh that does make me chuckle. I am sure I don't need to point something out here....

Floater, that brings back memories of staggering through Woolloomooloo at god knows half past stupid in the morning and stopping by Harry's Cafe de wheels and ordering one. Surprisingly nice, and much better than a kebab for full drunken goodness.
                      I do love the Aussie place names.

I got particularly excited when we drove through Wollongong - I remember my first installation of Wollongong TCP/IP on my windoze 3.1 machine back in 1992...

Comment

Working...
                      X