• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Life is good when you dont have any kids

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fast forward fourty years.
    - you're parked in a nursing home in Bournemouth
    - you look forward to the Tuesday afternnon bingo and an iced bun
    - the kids are circling around every other weekend waiting for you to snuff it

Does that sound good? Blow it all on coke, champers and hookers now!
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post

In EO's case its about 10 years away.....

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post

Iced bun? Mmmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Because all those other things only affect you. Having kids isn't a choice you make only for yourself.

Creating more people you are responsible for "because I wanted a kid" is not really taking it very seriously.
          Having a kid if you don't want a kid is a lot more irresponsible.

All kids are conceived either because someone wants a kid, or because someone was careless/drunk/unlucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
            He means some people have kids because "that's what you do", not because they want them, in the same way that some people go to university when they finish school because "that's what you do"
            Exactly
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              I had kids because I wanted kids.

I'm not sure I understand your 'just what you do' comment?
              Most men I know had kids because they wanted sex, and happy accidents happen you know. Its strange how after one or two happy accidents they seem to want to have the snip to prevent any more happiness.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Having a kid if you don't want a kid is a lot more irresponsible.

All kids are conceived either because someone wants a kid, or because someone was careless/drunk/unlucky.
                Our first was conceived as we were careless, carefree even. We then had 7 glorious months planning for her arrival and every day since has been wonderful. We lost a kid in 2004/5 and were devastated, especially as my wife nearly died too. We've had 2 since, and I'd have a houseful.

My brother once said he'd kill a paedo if he touched his kids. I said it wasn't a rational thought, and maybe he's just saying it. He told me quite openly, I had no idea, that I couldn't objectively comment, until I had kids. I used to think that was a kop out. But no, your complete political and social spectrum gets adjusted once you have kids.

I hate saying it, but you can't really say that not having kids makes your life so much better than having them, as you don't, and could never, know.

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
                  This is general. I will be as childish as I like until banned. Either ignore me or stop making dumbass posts that are irresistible to an immature joker like myself.
                  You have the right to be a jackass. I have the right to tell you not to
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                    Most men I know had kids because they wanted sex, and happy accidents happen you know. Its strange how after one or two happy accidents they seem to want to have the snip to prevent any more happiness.
                    That's because it's obvious your milieu is obviouly chavtastic and lower-class. Posh people do more planning.
                    HTH.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      That's because it's obvious your milieu is obviouly chavtastic and lower-class. Posh people do more planning.
                      HTH.
                      How are Tabitha and Sebastian doing?

Comment

Working...
                      X