• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spain OMG!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
    We're not talking about different products though, we're talking about the same product.
    Individual people are not the same product. Besides, it's been shown raising the price of the same product can sometimes lead to more sales.

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    So people like to think.

This principle applies to IT. There are lots of IT contractors who blather on about quality and criticise offshore companies for their failure to deliver "quality" when actually all that is required is something that basically works when it needs to.
    No, it's solid, documented economics. It doesn't mean the quality IS there but that people (speaking statistically) believe it. If I told you I only wanted £150/day as a C++ contractor with 10 year's experience are you really telling me you wouldn't think "he must be pretty crap"?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Individual people are not the same product. Besides, it's been shown raising the price of the same product can sometimes lead to more sales.

Comment

Great comeback. Don't defend your position, just tell the other person they're wrong. Have you been subscribing to the Sasguru Debating Techniques correspondence course?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

No, it's solid, documented economics. It doesn't mean the quality IS there but that people (speaking statistically) believe it. If I told you I only wanted £150/day as a C++ contractor with 10 year's experience are you really telling me you wouldn't think "he must be pretty crap"?
            Crap may be all he wants.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Great comeback. Don't defend your position, just tell the other person they're wrong. Have you been subscribing to the Sasguru Debating Techniques correspondence course?
              Of course you'd never do such a thing.

Besides i didn't tell you you were wrong, i said you were clutching at straws.

Saying "but sometimes" is all good and well, but is it sensible to base policies on things that sometimes happen? No.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                Interestingly, yesterday, in the news, if you are German, and a Catholic, you have to pay an extra 9% of your wages to the church, at source. The only way you can stop, is by declaring you are not a catholic, but then you lose the right to holy communion, etc.

Be interesting to see how many Scots would decline their faith over a 9% tax hike...
                Thats nothing new, its a question they ask when you register to be tax resident in the country.
                The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                  Thats nothing new, its a question they ask when you register to be tax resident in the country.
                  If it was the article I half heard it was saying that many people are leaving the church and taking away its income due to their disgust regarding various scandals and this was having a big effect on what the church could spend.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                    I understand that, but yesterday, it was in the high courts, that the Church can refuse Holy COmmunion to someone not registered to pay money to the church.

It all seems rather odd to me. My muslim colleague tells me they pay 10% after tax, to their local mosque. The Imam must be doing well me thinks...

Edit:

Eek, yes, some are saying the scandals hitting the church are being given as a reason for no longe rpaying, but that the global economy itself is causing issues. I believe a respected professor refused to pay, and was refused communion, which led to the court case, and they found for the Church.
                    Last edited by Old Hack; 26 September 2012, 14:55.

Comment

I doubt that an unemployed Spaniard will find it easier to get a job by increasing his wage demands.

Comment

Working...
                      X