• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If he "swore in frustration"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    And how did Channel 4 get wind of that? Obviously a Government leak. So maybe Downing Street arranged for someone to pretend to be a police officer pretending to be a member of the public, to discredit the police.
    The timing makes that rather improbable, considering the fabricated message happened long before Mitchell actually resigned and ultimately upped the pressure on him.

Unless you are implying that Downing Street wanted Mitchell out. Or that discrediting the police was so important, that they'd happily have Mitchell be a casualty of that set-up.

So...seriously?

I think the police screw up on their own frequently enough - they clearly don't need anyone external to discredit them.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      Yeah, maybe you are right.

But one thing is for sure, I have less sympathy for him because all he kept bleating on was "I did not use those words attributed to me" If he'd just held his hands up and said :

"Jeez, I was really stressed, swore and acted inappropriatly, Sorry"

I'd have some sympathy for him.
      The thing is CM, he was told, by senior members of parliament, to simply apologise and move on, not to try and explain his actions, but to say sorry and move on. The police, apparently accepted this and it was shut down. Then came to leak to the Telegraph and the third party complaint, which turned out to be a set up by a police man and it got escalated; thats when he said I wouldn't say the words attributed to me.

Why I feel for him, and I wouldn't otherwise, is that he was advised not to say anything, didn't, then was lambasted for not saying anything, then did say something, which was clearly dismissed, then he said it again, it was recorded him saying it, and the police force still said he didnt say anything.

The bloke clearly had nowhere to go; it really is, imo, a fit up. Looking at the cctv and listening to the broadcast last night, I was completely astounded at what's happened. It really is a fit up.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        And how did Channel 4 get wind of that? Obviously a Government leak. So maybe Downing Street arranged for someone to pretend to be a police officer pretending to be a member of the public, to discredit the police.
        When the Government give a story to a news organisation, complete with supplementary material such as CCTV, all of it attributable, it isn't a leak. It's just news.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          I suppose some people think it´s important, which is interesting. I suspect most of them are hipocrates who do exactly the same themselves; personally couldn´t give a monkeys. I would compare this to David Cameron put on some smelly socks this morning.
          What....The Father of Medicine
          Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
            What....The Father of Medicine
            Yes, well known for swearing at the nurses.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
              The thing is CM, he was told, by senior members of parliament, to simply apologise and move on, not to try and explain his actions, but to say sorry and move on..
              If the senior politians spent less time sweeping tulip under the carpet and more time being honest, this probably wouldn't have happened!
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                If the senior politians spent less time sweeping tulip under the carpet and more time being honest, this probably wouldn't have happened!
                I couldn't agree more.

Comment

Now make some tulip up about Cameron and Osborne, everybody begs Met

This might not make it though the cuk swear filter.....

Comment

so lets get this straight - a supposed intelligent member of parliment - the people who are supposed to manage our country got a little bit upset because he had to get off his bike and walk though the a gate rather then cycle through it.

what a spoilt uppity wnaker - he ain't fit to run a bath never mind take part in running the country

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      he ain't fit to run a bath never mind take part in running the country
                      We all lose our rags from time to time. A few words shouldn't cost a career.
                      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                      X