• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inflation rising, stocks down - end of housing boom?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoddY
    They don't 'get' money from anywhere. They are allowed to create money from nothing based on the amounts they hold in trust i.e. deposits. Why else do you think inflation exists?

Therefore most of the interest people pay is interest on money that never really existed.
    Interesting point N.

Does one need some kind a permit to create money from nothing, it might come in handy.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock

Originally posted by Noddy
      They don't 'get' money from anywhere. They are allowed to create money from nothing based on the amounts they hold in trust i.e. deposits. Why else do you think inflation exists?

Therefore most of the interest people pay is interest on money that never really existed.
      Interesting point N.

Does one need some kind a permit to create money from nothing, it might come in handy.
      Not quite true. The banks leverage the money they have on deposit from customers to provide funds for for lending. They lend at rates above base rate and pay interest at rates below base rate. Shortfalls in liquidity for either are made up by borrowing or lending to the BoE at base rate. Profit all round.

The BoE, licensed by the Govt. is the only entity legally allowed to create money from nothing vial the royal mint. They can increase or decrease the physical money supply by adjusting production.

The "money" that this represents is largely generated by the international markets, based on the arbitrary values put on the commodities traded.

Inflation only occours partially through the availability of excess money in the system. Supply and demand are the main drivers in the economy. e.g. the recent increases in fuel and energy costs being reflected in increasing inflation rates.
      Last edited by DaveB; 15 June 2006, 14:42.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
        at last,

sasguru is agreeing with the Benes Invoicing Ltd wisdom !

good lad

Milan.
        Not exactly as Benes Crapinvoicing Ltd. co. does not yet hold a portfolio of 3 London flats in prime locations, eh?

PS For all of which the existing mortgage is less than 50% of paper value.

SG in smug mode.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

My (mis)undestanding is that when a central bank wishes to release liquidity to the money circulation then it invites bids for 'lots' of money from commercial banks. The winner (according to criteria of money policy) then 'gets' the money. I don't know if there is any movement or this is an increase in gearing so they can just 'magically' have more money to lend out.

Don't know how major commercial lenders provide cash supply to other banks.

~Maybe there is a super website that explains all this ??

As a good number of folks on this board work in finance we ought to know.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
            The BoE, licensed by the Govt. is the only entity legally allowed to create money from nothing vial the royal mint.
            So, how does the Royal Bank Of Scotland and the Bank Of Scotland fit into this money creation thingy? I've got a Royal Bank Of Scotland tenner in my hand right now...

Comment

Originally posted by deforce
              So, how does the Royal Bank Of Scotland and the Bank Of Scotland fit into this money creation thingy? I've got a Royal Bank Of Scotland tenner in my hand right now...
              Good Point D !

And to think the BOE was started by a Jock ...

Speaking of which the Bank Of Pruffock (fully legit Guv) opening celebrations will commence on the 1st of July and readers of CUK forum will be priviliged to a commerative Bank of Pruffock Fiver photocopy for only 100 guineas (plus VAT which is optional if you pay in cash) stand by for further details of this once in a lifetime unique opportunity.

And you may find yourself
              Working in a strange foreign city
              And you may ask yourself
              How do I debug this ?
              And you may ask yourself
              Where is that lucrative contract ?
              After the Moneys gone

Same as it ever was...
              Same as it ever was ...
              Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 15 June 2006, 15:12.

Comment

It's all a scam. Bring back trade of real items.

Client: "So that's 2 cows and a horse for a week of your time"
                Contractor: "And a guinneapig an hour for travel"
                Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by deforce

They are just ordinary clearing banks like the rest of the high street names. The currency is a hangover from when they were national banks. They get it printed at the roayl mint under direction from the BoE.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
                    It's all a scam. Bring back trade of real items.

Client: "So that's 2 cows and a horse for a week of your time"
                    Contractor: "And a guinneapig an hour for travel"
                    You'd need a feckin big wallet.

Comment

Sasguru...

"Not exactly as Benes Crapinvoicing Ltd. co. does not yet hold a portfolio of 3 London flats in prime locations, eh?

PS For all of which the existing mortgage is less than 50% of paper value.

SG in smug mode.
                      ",

mate, all I can say is, oh dear, is that all ! and you are soooo smug !

dude, you need to aim higher, you appear to be settling for less.

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                      X