• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eat too much get fat and Alzheim.. Do I know you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I haven't checked, but the name rings a bell. Isn't George Moonbat a loonie left amateur economist?

If so, then what the flip does he know about diet and Altheimers? Probably no less than economics come to think of it.
    Why don't you try addressing yourself to the content of the article rather than his name and supposed position on the political spectrum?
    Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
      Why don't you try addressing yourself to the content of the article rather than his name and supposed position on the political spectrum?
      Because if he is a loonie leftie then everything he says will be without merit or truth?

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
        Because if he is a loonie leftie then everything he says will be without merit or truth?
        Sources and research for that assertion, please?

Oh wait, we're not doing science here......

Comment

So are there stats showing a massive increase in Alzheimer's in the west, correlating with the obesity and T2 diabetes 'epidemic'?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I sort of agree. Junk food contains too much salt. But if you ate burgers(no bun), preferably with salad or veg, i reckon it would be fine. Similarly kebabs with no pitta is fine.

Alcohol is a poison.
            If they were high quality burgers and kebab, probably. But they're normally packed full of fat. The fact it's nasty gristly meat probably doesn't really matter on a health angle.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              If they were high quality burgers and kebab, probably. But they're normally packed full of fat. The fact it's nasty gristly meat probably doesn't really matter on a health angle.
              The fact that they're packed full of fat doesn't matter in the context of a discussion about consumption of carbs leading to an increase in Type 2 diabetes and possibly Alzheimer's.

Please please, are we actually reading the articles, or just using this as a springboard for our own dietary prejudices?

Comment

Too much alcohol is bad for you but not for the same reasons as carbs are bad for you.

Fried food is fine provided that:
                It wasn't fed on crap during its lifetime
                It isn't fried in "healthy" vegetable oil
                It isn't eaten with carbs

This is just my opinion. DYOR.
                The fact that they're packed full of fat doesn't matter in the context of a discussion about consumption of carbs leading to an increase in Type 2 diabetes and possibly Alzheimer's.

Please please, are we actually reading the articles, or just using this as a springboard for our own dietary prejudices?
                It didn't look like that comment was related to diabetes, but general healthiness.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  It didn't look like that comment was related to diabetes, but general healthiness.
                  Fair comment.

Fried food is fine provided that:
                  It wasn't fed on crap during its lifetime
                  It isn't fried in "healthy" vegetable oil
                  It isn't eaten with carbs
                  It was insulin response and possible diabetes/not Alzheimer's that I had in mind, but indeed the first point is nothing to do with that, and the second probably isn't. So I wasn't sticking to the point either. OK. Busted.

Comment

Working...
                  X