• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eat too much get fat and Alzheim.. Do I know you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that why suity talks so much crap?

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
      AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH TYPE 1 Diabetes is not caused by to much sugar

I wish they would change the name for type 1 it realy winds me up when people assume their all the same thing

Type 1 is caused by the pancrease packing in, nothing to do with sugar
      Type 2 is fat peoples diabetes caused by lifestyle choices mostly fatty sugary food intake wich is were they get the idea of a type 3 causing alzheimers
      Absolutely. They are 2 quite different conditions with 2 quite different original causes, and indeed with similar end results caused by opposite immediate conditions. i.e. to (oversimplify):

Type 1 diabetes: you are born with an inability to produce enough insulin, so the insulin mechanism doesn't work.
      Type 2 diabetes: you can make plenty of insulin. Problem is, you have eaten so much sugar for so long that you have overproduced insulin so much that your tissues have overloaded and ceased to respond to the insulin, which you then produce in ever-increasing supply in an attempt to trigger the insulin response that you need for all that sugar. So again the insulin response doesn't work for you, but for the opposite reason.

It's a real shame that these 2 different conditions go by the same name.
      Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        You mean I can keep drinking like a fish and still have a kebab? That's the sort of news I like.
        Too much alcohol is bad for you but not for the same reasons as carbs are bad for you.

Fried food is fine provided that:
        It wasn't fed on crap during its lifetime
        It isn't fried in "healthy" vegetable oil
        It isn't eaten with carbs

This is just my opinion. DYOR.
        Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
          Absolutely. They are 2 quite different conditions with 2 quite different original causes, and indeed with similar end results caused by opposite immediate conditions. i.e. to (oversimplify):

Type 1 diabetes: you are born with an inability to produce enough insulin, so the insulin mechanism doesn't work.
          Type 2 diabetes: you can make plenty of insulin. Problem is, you have eaten so much sugar for so long that you have overproduced insulin so much that your tissues have overloaded and ceased to respond to the insulin, which you then produce in ever-increasing supply in an attempt to trigger the insulin response that you need for all that sugar. So again the insulin response doesn't work for you, but for the opposite reason.

It's a real shame that these 2 different conditions go by the same name.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
            Too much alcohol is bad for you but not for the same reasons as carbs are bad for you.

Fried food is fine provided that:
            It wasn't fed on crap during its lifetime
            It isn't fried in "healthy" vegetable oil
            It isn't eaten with carbs

This is just my opinion. DYOR.
            I sort of agree. Junk food contains too much salt. But if you ate burgers(no bun), preferably with salad or veg, i reckon it would be fine. Similarly kebabs with no pitta is fine.

Alcohol is a poison.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              kebabs with no pitta is fine.
              No it's not, the grease drips down your hand and shirt.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                No it's not, the grease drips down your hand and shirt.
                You mean you don't use a plate, knife and fork? Are you sas's butler?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  You mean you don't use a plate, knife and fork? Are you sas's butler?
                  I have been known to use cutlery when ingesting a doner teller, though I prefer a pitta stuffed with lots of salad.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by IR35FanClub View Post
                    Alzheimer's could be the most catastrophic impact of junk food | George Monbiot | Comment is free | The Guardian

Don't know where the link to junk food came in, but it appears eating the wrong type of food could be the cause of Alheimers.

Unfounded medical opinions please...
                    I haven't checked, but the name rings a bell. Isn't George Moonbat a loonie left amateur economist?

If so, then what the flip does he know about diet and Altheimers? Probably no less than economics come to think of it.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      I haven't checked, but the name rings a bell. Isn't George Moonbat a loonie left amateur economist?

If so, then what the flip does he know about diet and Altheimers? Probably no less than economics come to think of it.
                      Defintely leftie, but he's a jornalist who writes about things. Most of his artciles appear to be properly researched, by which I means at least he's read some papers before forming an opinion on something. At least he's good enough to credit his sources, and declare his interests - in fact he's running a campaign for all journalists to do the same, but none have subscribed. I guess they have to stop taking bribes from major corporations to promote their products or pressure politcal figures if they were going to do that. I best most journos earn more from backhanders than their paper.
                      Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

Working...
                      X