• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Tricks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
    I guess that's nicer than knowing the whole thing's made up.
    Shhh. Don't tell Cojak.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
      BBC Wales film Dr Who in and around our town every year. My youngest still thinks it's real and that the Doctor just lives around here.

I guess that's nicer than knowing the whole thing's made up.
      D'awwwww!!

Comment

Doctor Who - Pond Life

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
          I find I can't watch most dramas or films now. I don't know whether I've just hit that age where I can't suspend disbelief in the way you need to in order to enjoy that sort of medium, or whether it's a feature of the internet having come along and replaced the boob tube for my generation as the timewaster of choice.
          Get yourself one of JVC's D-ILA projectors. Youll suspend all the disbelive you need when you are watching on a 10foot screen in your living room. Watched Paranormal Activity 3 the other night and needed new pants afterwards. Me and the Mrs were actually holding onto each other at one point, lol. That was of netflix so not even HD. Proves what i always said is not the quality of the picture but the size that matters! A fair quality DVD image is plenty to give your eyes loads to feed. Though I have to say HD does look really good.

Been waiting years for a PJ with good contrast and quiet fans. Hadnt realised they've been out about 2 years. As its been that long since I last looked. You can get some used bargains. mine was £900 instead of the new price of £3,500.

havent watched broadcast tv since i got it, apart from the olympics and some mewsnight and questiont time. hmmn.

I dont even have the sounds set up properly yet as im moving in a few weeks so only running 3.0 system not 5.1 as i cant be bothered wiring it all up. But the massive screen is truly awesome.

What i can recommend it The 4400 on netflix. dont know if it was ever show nhere, but am up to series 3 and loving it. Great stories and the on,y things lets it down is sometime the leading mans charatcter is a bit of a nob for an FBI agent. BUut i suppose some FBI agents are nobs in real life.
          Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by IR35FanClub View Post
            Get yourself one of JVC's D-ILA projectors. Youll suspend all the disbelive you need when you are watching on a 10foot screen in your living room.
            Yes, I've got one of those. It's hooked up to my Media PC as well as my home cinema. I use it as my wall-sized computer screen with a wireless keyboard and mouse some of the time. They're fab.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
              Yes, I've got one of those.
              Don't dream about it. It'll die.
              nomadd liked this post

Comment

well if the stars are unecessary then they can just retire them due to ill health / kill them off and start again with some ex Bill / Eastender stars. I can think of a few that would do a good job.

The power of the writing will shine through, of course if the quality of some of the recent episodes is anything to go by it will pan as soon as the 'talent' leave, I assume Denis has alimony to pay.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

watched on Iplayer, I really enjoyed it, back to form.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                  X