• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: New Tricks

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New Tricks"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    watched on Iplayer, I really enjoyed it, back to form.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    well if the stars are unecessary then they can just retire them due to ill health / kill them off and start again with some ex Bill / Eastender stars. I can think of a few that would do a good job.

The power of the writing will shine through, of course if the quality of some of the recent episodes is anything to go by it will pan as soon as the 'talent' leave, I assume Denis has alimony to pay.

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by Gentile View Post
    Yes, I've got one of those.
    Don't dream about it. It'll die.

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by IR35FanClub View Post
    Get yourself one of JVC's D-ILA projectors. Youll suspend all the disbelive you need when you are watching on a 10foot screen in your living room.
    Yes, I've got one of those. It's hooked up to my Media PC as well as my home cinema. I use it as my wall-sized computer screen with a wireless keyboard and mouse some of the time. They're fab.

Leave a comment:

• IR35FanClub
    replied
    I find I can't watch most dramas or films now. I don't know whether I've just hit that age where I can't suspend disbelief in the way you need to in order to enjoy that sort of medium, or whether it's a feature of the internet having come along and replaced the boob tube for my generation as the timewaster of choice.
    Get yourself one of JVC's D-ILA projectors. Youll suspend all the disbelive you need when you are watching on a 10foot screen in your living room. Watched Paranormal Activity 3 the other night and needed new pants afterwards. Me and the Mrs were actually holding onto each other at one point, lol. That was of netflix so not even HD. Proves what i always said is not the quality of the picture but the size that matters! A fair quality DVD image is plenty to give your eyes loads to feed. Though I have to say HD does look really good.

Been waiting years for a PJ with good contrast and quiet fans. Hadnt realised they've been out about 2 years. As its been that long since I last looked. You can get some used bargains. mine was £900 instead of the new price of £3,500.

havent watched broadcast tv since i got it, apart from the olympics and some mewsnight and questiont time. hmmn.

I dont even have the sounds set up properly yet as im moving in a few weeks so only running 3.0 system not 5.1 as i cant be bothered wiring it all up. But the massive screen is truly awesome.

What i can recommend it The 4400 on netflix. dont know if it was ever show nhere, but am up to series 3 and loving it. Great stories and the on,y things lets it down is sometime the leading mans charatcter is a bit of a nob for an FBI agent. BUut i suppose some FBI agents are nobs in real life.

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Doctor Who - Pond Life

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
    BBC Wales film Dr Who in and around our town every year. My youngest still thinks it's real and that the Doctor just lives around here.

I guess that's nicer than knowing the whole thing's made up.
    D'awwwww!!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
    Shhh. Don't tell Cojak.

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    That's Dr Who out then. ( 7:20 tonight btw ).
    BBC Wales film Dr Who in and around our town every year. My youngest still thinks it's real and that the Doctor just lives around here.

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    It's a real shame. New Tricks, Doctor Who and Dragon's Den are about the only things I've watched on telly in the past ten years. I quite like all the characters, especially Brian Lane played by Alun Armstrong, and the writing's always been good. Now they seem to be imploding under the weight of their own egos.
    I feel profoundly sorry for you if that's all you've watched in the last 10 years. I dont watch anything off the BBC as its leftist nonsense. So pretty much all the tv I watch is American. You could have been watching 24, Desperate Housewives, Gossip Girl, Fringe, Game of Thrones, Nikita, Rome, Spartacus, Stargate Atlantis, Strikeback, Supernatural, The walking dead, True Blood. And those are just ones off the top of my head.

Get out there, and switch off the states indoctrination channels.

Leave a comment:

• Anonymous2012
    replied
    New Tricks

I never watch the TV at all. I just read Google News to see what is going on,Watch YouTube and the odd video I buy in the Charity Shops.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Brian's my favourite.
    Dylan

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Brian's my favourite.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    It's a real shame. New Tricks, Doctor Who and Dragon's Den are about the only things I've watched on telly in the past ten years...
    ...I don't know whether I've just hit that age where I can't suspend disbelief...
    That's Dr Who out then. ( 7:20 tonight btw ).

I can't think of what I last watched on BBC1 or ITV1 in recent weeks. Mostly, we're on E4 and Film4 - which our cable provider started piping at the start of the year. (Ten years ago, we had just BBC Prime and BBC World in English - very dire).

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Yes, they look good. Bit pricey, though.

Edit: I've changed my mind after watching one of the previews! That Joy of Maths (sorry "Math" - it's American) looked well dodgy!
    I think you'll find the language of Mathematics is universal.

Oh, and always wait for the course to go on Sale before buying. They all do throughout the year, and the savings are huge (like this The Great Courses - Queen of the Sciences: A History of Mathematics)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X