• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's your favourite mixer with spirits?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    So you're just trolling?
    Question for you. Do you come onto a forum wanting to have your opinions challenged, and through pleasant persuasion be convinced that another stand point is actually the correct one? Do you also expect to convince others that you are correct?

If so, why? Why does it matter? It strikes me that I say what I think as pure fact, if it was not a fact then I wouldnt think it. And therefore I am not interested in debate about it as that would be pointless.

Comment

You lot.

Honestly, WTAF? You manage to get in a thread about mixers?

You'd probably manage to argue about a ping pong ball.

Comment

I asked if you were trolling because I couldn't (or didn't want to) believe someone could reach a position in IT without the basic education in critical thinking which your arguments show.
        So I wondered if you were deliberately posting silly arguments for fun, or if you really never got taught about the scientific method. If the latter I wonder how you ever discuss any conflicts professionally without antagonism and hurt feelings.

I'm still not sure but take it as a compliment that I think it's the former.

HTH.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I asked if you were trolling because I couldn't (or didn't want to) believe someone could reach a position in IT without the basic education in critical thinking which your arguments show.
          So I wondered if you were deliberately posting silly arguments for fun, or if you really never got taught about the scientific method. If the latter I wonder how you ever discuss any conflicts professionally without antagonism and hurt feelings.

I'm still not sure but take it as a compliment that I think it's the former.

HTH.
          Go forth and multiply.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
            You'd probably manage to argue about a ping pong ball.
            Hey, that's table tennis ball!
            nomadd liked this post

Comment

Yellow is the best colour for the balls.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I haven't had a hangover in 20 years, go figure.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                  I haven't had a hangover in 20 years, go figure.
                  You only get the hangover when the blood alcohol levels drop.

Comment

I keep an emergency fry up in the freezer in case of hangover these days.

I don't drink much, though (which probably makes it more likely I'll need that fry up when/if I do).

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post

Neat whisky.
                      Gin and tonic .
                      Absinthe and base speed.
                      WHS - neat whisky & brandy, gin and slimline tonic, although I've stopped the gin as my voice was starting to sound like John Hurt's!

I've been trying a pleasant elderflower Suffolk cider this weekend.
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X