• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stop the drinking and smoking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I wonder if MTT would if he got half her fortune?
    I think almost anyone would for that much cash.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Maybe. Mrs BP had a marriage proposal from a Texan many-hundred-millionaire. She turned him down.

What a happy she did not marry and divorce him before meeting me.

Comment

£13 billion mining empire inherited from her late father, Lang Hancock, in 1992.

Yeah, takes a lot of hard work to be given something by your dad.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
          £13 billion mining empire inherited from her late father, Lang Hancock, in 1992.

Yeah, takes a lot of hard work to be given something by your dad.
          Well according his wikipedia entry he was a bit of a ****, so she had to tolerate him until he died. Unfortunately she seems to have inherited some of his charm too.

Lang Hancock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hancock is quoted as saying,[15]
          "Mining in Australia occupies less than one-fifth of one percent of the total surface of our continent and yet it supports 14 million people. Nothing should be sacred from mining whether it’s your ground, my ground, the blackfellow’s ground or anybody else’s. So the question of Aboriginal land rights and things of this nature shouldn’t exist."
          In a 1984 television interview [16]
          Hancock suggested forcing unemployed indigenous Australians - particularly "no-good half-castes" - to collect their welfare cheques from a central location: "And when they had gravitated there, I would dope the water up so that they were sterile and would breed themselves out in the future."
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Nope, I wouldn't.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Isn't this what's called 'shooting the messenger'?

Comment

Sigh, "no monopoly" on becoming a millionaire. You just need hard work, ambition and the ability to ruthlessly exploit a nation and it's resources. Easy peasy you peasants!

Comment

Working...
                X