• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "stop the drinking and smoking"

Collapse

• ChestyLaRue
    replied
    Sigh, "no monopoly" on becoming a millionaire. You just need hard work, ambition and the ability to ruthlessly exploit a nation and it's resources. Easy peasy you peasants!

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Isn't this what's called 'shooting the messenger'?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I think almost anyone would for that much cash.
    Nope, I wouldn't.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
    £13 billion mining empire inherited from her late father, Lang Hancock, in 1992.

Yeah, takes a lot of hard work to be given something by your dad.
    Well according his wikipedia entry he was a bit of a ****, so she had to tolerate him until he died. Unfortunately she seems to have inherited some of his charm too.

Lang Hancock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hancock is quoted as saying,[15]
    "Mining in Australia occupies less than one-fifth of one percent of the total surface of our continent and yet it supports 14 million people. Nothing should be sacred from mining whether it’s your ground, my ground, the blackfellow’s ground or anybody else’s. So the question of Aboriginal land rights and things of this nature shouldn’t exist."
    In a 1984 television interview [16]
    Hancock suggested forcing unemployed indigenous Australians - particularly "no-good half-castes" - to collect their welfare cheques from a central location: "And when they had gravitated there, I would dope the water up so that they were sterile and would breed themselves out in the future."

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    £13 billion mining empire inherited from her late father, Lang Hancock, in 1992.

Yeah, takes a lot of hard work to be given something by your dad.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Maybe. Mrs BP had a marriage proposal from a Texan many-hundred-millionaire. She turned him down.

What a happy she did not marry and divorce him before meeting me.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I wonder if MTT would if he got half her fortune?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Long pig.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Now yer talking.
    Pig that inherited half the iron ore in Australia and thinks anyone who didn't inherit half a continent's mineral resources is a lazy git. Bon appetit Monsieur Zeity.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Has anyone witnessed this!
    Yes. They go to work and their mouths are none stop whining.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    You know, I'm not a very materialist chap really. A decent but ageing car, a good second hand racing bike and a few tweed jackets inherited from father and grandfather are the only signs of 'wealth' I have and I'm quite happy with that.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Miss Reinhart stated there was "no monopoly" on becoming a millionaire.
    No there isn't; in fact, with the right policies, everyone can be a millionaire. Billionaire even. Germany in the 20s, Uganda under Idi Amin, Zimbabwe only a few years ago.

What a fat useless bint. Well, useless, I suppose if the headhunters of Irian Jaya fancy having a barbecue this weekend I could think of a use for her.

Leave a comment:

• PorkPie
    replied
    Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
    10 pork pies a day is ok though

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Australian workers who go to work and slog it out
    Has anyone witnessed this!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mrdonuts
    replied
    a real "let them eat cake " moment

Leave a comment:

Working...
X