• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How recently did you last have an alcoholic drink?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I hope it wasn't proper whisky, what a waste!

I find that as the only wine-drinker in the house, opening a bottle is a problem as it then has to be drunk. Until, I got hold of one of these handy things: Amazon.co.uk: Products tagged with wine saver
    Now I can keep a bottle for a week or longer with no pressure to drink it to avoid waste.
    Why not get a soda stream instead? You can make yor own cheaper sparkling shiraz' or invent new stuff like sparkling chablis, or for the serious drinkers, sparkling single malt.

plus the CO2 will keep wine fresh. Just remember normal wine bottles crack under pressure. Actully has any one tested that theory with a modifed soda stream?

Cue dumb ass youtube video...

And the kids get cheaper pop. They even do tonic now if you fancy a pain killer every night after work.
    Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

Crikey. I'm one of those 'in the last month' losers. I've never really been a huge fan of the taste of alcohol. When I've had a shit: day I usually have a glass of milk.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        Crikey. I'm one of those 'in the last month' losers. I've never really been a huge fan of the taste of alcohol. When I've had a tulip day I usually have a glass of milk.
        Which is amazing since you'd give Marc Almond a run for his money.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Just now. A rather nice 12 year old cask strength Edradour.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by IR35FanClub View Post
            Why not get a soda stream instead? You can make yor own cheaper sparkling shiraz' or invent new stuff like sparkling chablis, or for the serious drinkers, sparkling single malt.

plus the CO2 will keep wine fresh. Just remember normal wine bottles crack under pressure. Actully has any one tested that theory with a modifed soda stream?
            I always wanted to try creating sparkling spirits but never could justify buying a soda stream just to muck about.

Since I drink red, keeping wine fresh by fizzing it seems a poor alternative
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              I always wanted to try creating sparkling spirits but never could justify buying a soda stream just to muck about.

Since I drink red, keeping wine fresh by fizzing it seems a poor alternative
              You can get sparkling reds. Surprisingly, they're quite nice.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                You can get sparkling reds. Surprisingly, they're quite nice.
                I'd rather have still wine anyway though, fizzy drinks make me feel bloaty
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                X