• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Frankfurt versus Zürich

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secret Bank accounts ?

Comment

Secret Nazi bank accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart-floot
        You forgot the Swiss Army Knife.....

Ah, thats a later additon and post dates the quote. Bonus points to anyone who can identfy it without googleing it
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Orson Welles in The Third Man. Scene at the fairground. Fantastic film.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac

Ding! We have a winner ladies and gentlemen*

And yes, it's a cracking film, one of my Faves

*and Daleks, Giant Alien Lizards and other vistors of indeterminate gender/species.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
              Pretty sure that was shot in wonderful city of Vienna. Now there is a city to beat Frankfurt and Zurich!

Comment

Hunted by men...Sought by WOMEN!

Comment

Originally posted by Hart-floot
                  Pretty sure that was shot in wonderful city of Vienna. Now there is a city to beat Frankfurt and Zurich!

It was, mostly anyway. Some of the interior scenes were filmed in England. The Ferris wheel is in the Volks Prater and well worth a visit.

And yes Vienna is wonderfull, at least on the outside. Not been there long enough to get to know it properly. Was there for a 3 day "conferance" last year. I can highly recommend hiring a bike for the day and touring the city that way The network of cyclepaths in the city puts London to shame.
                  Last edited by DaveB; 12 June 2006, 13:33.

Comment

Zurich is expensive, no doubt. Outstanding nature nearby. Frankfurt ? Bit of a nothing place, isn't it ?

** But talking about Vienna.

I spend far too much of my (working) life on Jobserve. How come there are so few contracts that come up there ? I imagine it is a pretty affluent business-like city.

A.

Comment

Bit of a nothing place, isn't it ?
                      Not at all

Frankfurt is actually overlooked by the mountains in the Taunus. On the otherside is the Odenwald, and then there are the towns up the Rhine which are now beginning their wine festivals.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X