• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time for a stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last crash finished around 3 years ago, and it was a major one, there is no way that a crash is going to occur just three years after the first one. When the Spain has worked through it's banking crisis things will slowly start to pickup, in fact they are doing anyway.

Index of U.S. Leading Indicators Rises More than Forecast - Bloomberg

The next correction/crash will be in a few years time.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      The last crash finished around 3 years ago, and it was a major one, there is no way that a crash is going to occur just three years after the first one. When the Spain has worked through it's banking crisis things will slowly start to pickup, in fact they are doing anyway.

Index of U.S. Leading Indicators Rises More than Forecast - Bloomberg

The next correction/crash will be in a few years time.
      <sasguru mode> that's a big fall in the next month Nailed on then</sasguru mode>

And I do think the only way is down. I mean what good news is likely to appear in the near future
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Don't see a crash or a boom

There is no crazy optimism in the market.

Comment

Actually, there is a crash coming, in China. Plenty of unfinished building projects which have run out of dough. And China needs growth of > 8% to not run into recession. Check out their latest growth forecasts

Obviously when China goes, that will be enough to finish off the eurozone, the bailout fund is a joke, and there will be noone to bail us out.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

There will be a correction soon for sure. It'l be the excuse the US Fed needs to launch QE3. I am looking at a 5-7% correction between now and the end of october, to be followed by an end of year rally to take the markets to new highs at years end.

Comment

Sitting on a chunk of cash waiting to be invested on a decent dip so I could do with a correction turning up soon.
              Should have been chucking this in on a monthly basis but want to start with a chunk so it can kick down anytime it likes for me.
              Oddly, what I really need is a dodgy bear market bumping along the bottom for the next 7-8 years while I invest spare cash then a massive bull boost for 5.
              Hard to get head round as rising prices always give a nice warm feeling and convince you it's the right way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
                Sitting on a chunk of cash waiting to be invested on a decent dip so I could do with a correction turning up soon.
                Should have been chucking this in on a monthly basis but want to start with a chunk so it can kick down anytime it likes for me.
                Oddly, what I really need is a dodgy bear market bumping along the bottom for the next 7-8 years while I invest spare cash then a massive bull boost for 5.
                Hard to get head round as rising prices always give a nice warm feeling and convince you it's the right way to go.
                Your wish may soon come true....

"The S&P 500 is likely to fall by 20-25 percent over the next three months according to Nomura strategist Bob Janjuah"
                S&P 500 Facing 25% Drop Before US Election: Janjuah - Business News - CNBC

Comment

This is where things get interesting...

Stops above March high tripped, could close today with a bearish pin.
                  When the crash happens, it will be fast. Everyone will be panicking for the exits.

Last edited by SantaClaus; 21 August 2012, 19:40.
                  'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                  Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                    This is where things get interesting...

Stops above March high tripped, could close today with a bearish pin.
                    When the crash happens, it will be fast. Everyone will be panicking for the exits.

I think the trigger will be when the markets realize that the ECB has no 'big bazoka' and with the Germans already putting the word out that they are ready to let Greece leave the Euro. Over in the US the Fed will NOT launch QE3 in Sept. These 2 events should combine to snap the the uptrend and bring out the bears in force

Comment

Daily pin played out today. Might see 1261 by September.

Last edited by SantaClaus; 22 August 2012, 16:55.
                      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X