• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time for a stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    You could well be the poorest spiritually.
    How do you know?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      If the markets were random, why would we have so many so called "investment" banks making trades from milliseconds to months in duration? They would all have closed shop years ago.
      That is quite a naive question but I will try to answer it fairly.
      First of all stock trading is a small part of IB business.
      Secondly I'm referring to chartist methods of picking stocks, I hold stocks based on very simple ideas of intrinsic value over the long term.
      This is as good an explanation as any - also read the classic "A random walk down Wall street".
      http://www.chicagobooth.edu/faculty/...apers/sp16.pdf
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Santa Claus makes a living as a trader. You got the push from your last job and cannot get another one.

Maybe you have been out in the heat for too long. Time to go back inside. Your cage.
        'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
        Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          That is quite a naive question but I will try to answer it fairly.
          First of all stock trading is a small part of IB business.
          Secondly I'm referring to chartist methods of picking stocks, I hold stocks based on very simple ideas of intrinsic value over the long term.
          This is as good an explanation as any - also read the classic "A random walk down Wall street".
          http://www.chicagobooth.edu/faculty/...apers/sp16.pdf
          Forget all that crap. Just have a look at this guy to see that trading is not random. He often trades live with 100 lots at a time.

Trade it, Don't Date it - live streaming video powered by Livestream

Just because you can't do it, doesn't mean it isn't possible. Of course, having a big ego will mean you can't take losses, so unfortunately my friend, trading isn't for you.

Comment

How do you know?
            From your posts.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
              Just because you can't do it, doesn't mean it isn't possible. Of course, having a big ego will mean you can't take losses, so unfortunately my friend, trading isn't for you.
              It's very simple my friend. If you have found a method to predict stock market prices you should be a millionaire in about a month simply by reinvesting your profits in your system.
              So are you?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

From your posts.
                and your posts show a beacon of spirituality?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

It's very simple my friend. If you have found a method to predict stock market prices you should be a millionaire in about a month simply by reinvesting your profits in your system.
                  So are you?
                  You are such a plonker. Anyone who becomes a millionaire in a month from trading is over-leveraging.

Comment

So are you?
                    Surely, all you need is a method that works the majority of the time to get rich in the long run and not a guarantee such as you describe. That way, with discipline and tenacity you can do very well whilst minimising your risks for when the "method" fails due to unforeseen factors.

Comment

Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
                      Surely, all you need is a method that works the majority of the time to get rich in the long run and not a guarantee such as you describe. That way, with discipline and tenacity you can do very well whilst minimising your risks for when the "method" fails due to unforeseen factors.
                      You don't even need to be right the majority of the time. If your "edge" gave you on average 1:1.5 risk/reward, you could win even with less than 50% win rate.

Comment

Working...
                      X