• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Latest EuroMillions winners.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently with lottery winners they only become happy for a few months or so.

Though personally I would prefer to live miserably in comfort than squalor.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      We know that. You don't even like paying your fair share as it is.

Would you like to point us all to this tax law that states one 'should pay their fair share' or are you just pandering to the proletariat masses, you ignorant biff?
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
        Would you like to point us all to this tax law that states one 'should pay their fair share'
        There is no "law", merely a moral obligation.
        Of course it is only really applicable to those blessed with morality, so I can see why someone like you might have failed to pick up on it

HTH
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          There is no "law", merely a moral obligation.
          Of course it is only really applicable to those blessed with morality, so I can see why someone like you might have failed to pick up on it

HTH
          Ah right. So taxation in this country is now based, according to you, on a 'moral obligation' and not statute.

Im guessing then that 'morally' you take no steps to lessen the amount of tax you pay and take your contracting money fully compliant with IR35, yes ie 5% expenses, full tax and NI on the rest?

Im also guessing you have no compunction at paying any amount of tax HMRC defines as a 'fair share.' Why then bother having a Chancellor determine the rate of income tax, (corporation \ VAT for that matter) and having a Budget become law when all we need is HMRC to say what is a 'fair share.'

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
            Investing that amount of money would be a full-time job.

In fact, investing the interest would be a full time job.
            Yep. When the National Lottery first started I heard that for big winners they'd want to see you in person and have a set of financial advisers there ready to relieve you of help you manage your new found wealth.

Getting through that lot of sharks would be my first hurdle.

Fending off the hangers on and scroungers is another problem. I used to sup with a self made millionaire and he really got sick of not being able to enjoy a quiet pint without someone pestering him to contribute to a new minibus or whatever current fund raising effort was going on.

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
            Lucky f*ckers.
            I like the chance to see how I got on, certainly
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              A bit pointless winning all that money if all you do is live off a modest-to-good 'salary'. You'd at least want a Dim Prawn style mansion.
              FTFY.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                Ah right. So taxation in this country is now based, according to you, on a 'moral obligation' and not statute.

Im guessing then that 'morally' you take no steps to lessen the amount of tax you pay and take your contracting money fully compliant with IR35, yes ie 5% expenses, full tax and NI on the rest?

Im also guessing you have no compunction at paying any amount of tax HMRC defines as a 'fair share.' Why then bother having a Chancellor determine the rate of income tax, (corporation \ VAT for that matter) and having a Budget become law when all we need is HMRC to say what is a 'fair share.'
                As well as morality you have to be blessed with basic common sense. I can see why you're struggling.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  As well as morality you have to be blessed with basic common sense. I can see why you're struggling.
                  Go on, admit it. You havent a fookin clue what you're talking about. Go on, set yourself free.

Comment

Working...
                  X