• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Latest EuroMillions winners.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Or invest it, live off the income and pretend you were an it contractor and working overseas whenever you jet off somewhere nice.
    A bit pointless winning all that money if all you do is live off a modest-to-good 'salary'. You'd at least want a decent house.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I dont get it either. Id be off living the life of one of the characters on gossip girl with that sort of wealth. (Dynasty for you of the older generations)

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        A bit pointless winning all that money if all you do is live off a modest-to-good 'salary'. You'd at least want a decent house.
        Well, even on a poor 4% return (bonds), you'd still be looking at £600k a year. I could slum it on that.

Still, I agree. I'd stick the £48 million away in safe, long-term investments and pi55 the other £100 million on enjoying myself.
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

You can also factor in interest and say "I want the money to last me until I die in X years" where X has some room for safety. And stick £5m in a safe-house.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
            Well, even on a poor 4% return (bonds), you'd still be looking at £600k a year. I could slum it on that.
            4% of £148m is £6m
            Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

I'd be altruistic with that amount of money. Hell, I may even pay for a party for HMRC's staff (like ****, I would!)
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

They said they are going to give a lot away.

Good on 'em. Now where's my pad and pen..

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
                  They said they are going to give a lot away.

Good on 'em. Now where's my pad and pen..
                  If I cut both your legs off you may both get some.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

A close relative of mine won a good few million on the lottery. Some hassled him for money until he paid out a wedge and then some of the people that never got anything then got real pissed off.

I never got anything and never got pissed off bit I did get the impression dumping vast fortunes onto people is not a good thing.

Comment

After you bought your own private island, what else is there left to do and enjoy?

You'd need to fill it with your friends. So you'd pay them off to live on your island.

And ruin their dreams. Their purpose.

And eventually everyone you loved, their lives.

Still, I'd love a stack of cash to piss about flying Twin Otter aircraft in the Maldives for fun, barefoot in the left hand seat, with a dirty blonde bird as my flight officer, flying part time for kicks, lobsters and all the Mai Tais I could cram into the cockpit.
                      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                      X