• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bee Keeping

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My old man used to keep bees. ATM there are too many keeping them and they're struggling to survive. Bit like all the bobs depressing the rates.

Comment

Be warned, if you want to get qualified in it - or take a course; the waiting list is unbelievable.

I was shocked when I enquired and wrote it off as I'm never in the same place to be able to commit to a course 3 years off.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        It's also a myth that if you eat enough royal jelly you turn into a bee, like Timothy West did once.
        BZZZ I know DS. BZZZ I BZZZ have BZZZ a spoonful BZZZ every morning BZZZ with my breakfast BZZZ and it's never BZZZ done me any harm BZZZ

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
          Be warned, if you want to get qualified in it - or take a course; the waiting list is unbelievable.

I was shocked when I enquired and wrote it off as I'm never in the same place to be able to commit to a course 3 years off.
          You mean all the Islington luvvie downsizers are all at it...

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            Bee careful

Bee gone sockie!!!

Comment

Near Aberdeen - there is a town named Effen - which had a legendary Beekeeper - and a Big Effen Bee ....

Comment

Darn bees are always dying out over something. Buncha wimps. Honey is pretty yucky stuff anyway. People could keep wasps instead and harvest paper or greenfly and harvest honeydew.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I worked with someone once who was insufferable know it all. Knew everything about everything. One day someone boned up on bee keeping to try to catch him out. Sure enough he knew it all. I fooking hate people like that.

Comment

I knew someone who used to keep bees and apart from the honey they made excellent security guards as burglars would be put off the property, so he said.

Comment

That's odd. I read this today and then this afternon I got stung by a bee as I accidentally put my hand on it, only time since I was about 5.

PS The bee was ok.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X